The Dream is beautiful but avoid these rooms

oceanview585

We are booked for Cabins 9434 & 9438 - it is below the Lido Deck - under The Gathering Lido Restaurant/Grand Buffet - now if I am not mistaken, that is carpeted, corrected, so shouldn't be much of a chair scraping annoyance?

Now I'm worrying about these cabins and I know my TA would do whatever I asked about changing cabins!

I am booked in 11275 on the panorama deck. It is a 1a. I haven't heard to much about deck 11.

We're almost gonna be neighbors Jen. I'm in 11269. Now, I'll know where to deliver that bottle. :D

Joanne

Has anyone stayed above the Burgundy Lounge ? If so how bad was it ?

We had the aft wrap on deck 6 which was above the Burgundy Lounge. No worries- even though we were often at the late night comedy show, when we weren't, we did not experience any noise issues and were able to fall asleep .

I think it's great the attitude you have deciding to not mention it again after day two and be positive.....Attitude can make or break one....so kudos to you!:D

agree 100%

....After 2 days my husband and I both agreed not to mention it again to keep ourselves out of a negative complaining mood...

i agree w randy. def kudos to you. i have cabins right near there; other side of the ship. i just booked this cruise on the "fly" and my cabin choices were limited. i booked 2 cabins under the buffet. i wld never normally do this (i usually book early so i can pick cabins on a deck which is sandwiched between 2 pax decks), but i haven't cruised since august and i'm dying, lol. so, i've already said the same thing about my location: i'm expecting the worst so i'm going in eyes open, and i'm not going to let it ruin my time.

the movement i was unaware of and if i knew it was rocky even in the calmest of waters (in other words if i had come here first like i shld have, lol) i wld have looked more closely at available cabins on the lower decks.:o

....On the comment card at the end I gave my view that these rooms should come with a caveat explanation (like an obstructed view would) and recommended putting felt on the bottom of the chairs...

excellent that you did that!:cool::)

We're almost gonna be neighbors Jen. I'm in 11269. Now, I'll know where to deliver that bottle. :D

Joanne

11269 and 11275 are under the water slides. But that shouldn't affect your sleeping or being in the cabin in the evenings. 11 275 is close to the kiddie slide entrance. They are a slightly different configuration that the other inside cabins ( we were in 11234 in January). The worst cabins on deck 11 are the balcony cabins 11204-11230 as they are directly under the treadmills and stairmasters in the gym. And when these get going in the morning you'll know it by the thumping. Inside cabins on that side aren't as bad as they are under the thalasso pool and the weight machines. From 11238 and back you're under the salon rooms. On the starboard side, all the cabins back to 11261 are under the spa and massage rooms. Very quiet. Balcony cabins 11263 tp 11277 are under the open deck which will get some foot traffice for the slides, but shouldn't get too much noise and none at night.

We had a friends several years ago with these rooms on this deck. Thus why

we watch carefully where you are placed. Thus why I don't care for booking

a Guarantee room.

They didn't have these rooms on the Dream several years ago. The inaugural sailing of the Dream was September 21st of LAST YEAR. I know--I was on it.

If they had similar rooms on another ship that's different, but this thread was about the Dream and what numbered cabins to avoid.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Here`s a good site to see what`s over and under your cabin. You can adjust the size to see the cabin #s.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/pdf/ADAMagic.pdf

Just sub the name of your ship in the url address and your`s will be there.

Those are great drawings! Unfortunately they didn't keep the various decks aligned, especially above deck 8. If you mentally adjust the decks so the atrium elevators are aligned you get a true idea of what is above or under what.

• 1 year later...
Just back from 10/15 Dream Med cruise. The ship was beautiful and we enjoyed the food and the staff and the itinerary without complaints. Just a heads up to those of you picking a cabin or if you have a balcony guarantee. We had a balcony guarantee so were pleasantly surprised when we were given and "upgrade" to an 8E balcony on deck 9 Vista. It is just below the lido deck and our room 9354 was directly under the pizza bar which is by the pool and has tables and chairs that are frequented with people who get pizza or overflow from the buffet. This area is also a smoking area so unfortunately 24/7 we heard very loud screeching of chairs as people slid their chairs out then scooted themselves up to the table. I would guess the staff also used this as a break area in the middle of the night as the noise continued constantly. After 2 days my husband and I both agreed not to mention it again to keep ourselves out of a negative complaining mood. I would imagine the rooms directly opposite on the starboard side would be the same as the burger bar is there and they have the same table and chairs. Our neighbors went to Guest Relations to complain. If I had paid 8E price for that room I would not have been a happy camper. On the comment card at the end I gave my view that these rooms should come with a caveat explanation (like an obstructed view would) and recommended putting felt on the bottom of the chairs. Let's hope they do something. Otherwise the Dream is a real dream.

If you had done your research you would of known better.

Yes, but the last post in July 2012. That would make it 1 year old. This thread has some information that I'm researching. :rolleyes:

But he quoted the OP whose post was in 2009. There probably wasn't as much information back then.

But he quoted the OP whose post was in 2009. There probably wasn't as much information back then.

I'm looking for people that have stayed in 9472 to see if they had any problems with noise from the lido deck. I'm sure that hasn't changed much in 4 years. The room and lido deck are still in the same place. Sorry, I didn't mean to cause trouble by commenting on an old thread.

I like being under the Lido and the extra shade provided.

Last year we did hear the table/chair scraping all the time in room 9347 (under the main pool area).

This year however, we did not hear anything in room 9397 (it is under the non-moving tables on Lido). We had an excellent room, cruise.

Next one I'm taking the advice of "be near the suites" two decks below Lido.

I'm looking for people that have stayed in 9472 to see if they had any problems with noise from the lido deck. I'm sure that hasn't changed much in 4 years. The room and lido deck are still in the same place. Sorry, I didn't mean to cause trouble by commenting on an old thread.

Don't be sorry shawne !!! Enquiring minds wanna know ! I too booked 4972 come November and read the entire thread for feedback. ..... it may be old, but it's not off topic.

So it's now bumped to the top and we can hope for the best ....and in the mean time, I believe someone mentioned another thread about room reviews on the first page!?

And while it's true you don't want to be directly under the lido deck, my research shows us in the back corner with only deck loungers overhead that "should" be a quiet area at night!? .... I don't hit the hay til the wee hours ~ with a buzz and a who gives a shyte attitude anyway!

I'm more curious about the exhaust soot I've heard about

Don't be sorry shawne !!! Enquiring minds wanna know ! I too booked 4972 come November and read the entire thread for feedback. ..... it may be old, but it's not off topic.

So it's now bumped to the top and we can hope for the best ....and in the mean time, I believe someone mentioned another thread about room reviews on the first page!?

And while it's true you don't want to be directly under the lido deck, my research shows us in the back corner with only deck loungers overhead that "should" be a quiet area at night!? .... I don't hit the hay til the wee hours ~ with a buzz and a who gives a shyte attitude anyway!

I'm more curious about the exhaust soot I've heard about

Thank you. I was thinking the same thing about us being in the back corner. I wouldn't think we should hear too much noise at night. You'll have to come back and let us know! ;)

What happened to the reviews of 9472 and 9475??? You guys were suppose to report back! How was the chair noise? Was it bearable? Worth the wrap-around balcony? Details, details! :p

We were in 9475 a few years back and it was wonderful. Would book it again in a heartbeat if we sail on Dream. Love the aft wrap and noise was not an issue for us.

Oh and the balcony is amazing. More than amazing.

Archived