Ziggy & Stanford's girl Live from the Ruby Princess Nov 4-14, 2009!!

Ziggy7

Hi Everyone!

The Ruby is everything we thought it would be and better. The ship is beautiful and so far is as been a really great experience.

First let’s clear up the mystery about the Sea Food buffet at sail away! Yes, yes, yes, they have it and yes it’s King crab half legs, shrimp, mussels, calamari, scallops, and rock lobster plus so much more! It begins at 5:30 pm. The internet is slow tonight so we are unable to post the pictures. I will try and get them up as soon as possible, but we have only so many minutes so we want to be able to report every night. So photos may come later.

The second thing that there seems to be much desire to know about is the Elite Lounge and who’s invited. Platinum, Elite, and Suite guests are all invited.

Tonight’s show was the “Welcome Aboard Showtime” with the Ruby Singers & Dancers. It was good and gave you a sampling of everything going on during our 10 nights. This was the first of 3 new shows that presented on this cruise and was worth going to.

Dinner seatings for Traditional are 6:00 pm and 8:15 pm and are only in the Botticelli dining room.

Anytime Dining is your choice of either the Da Vinci or Michelangelo dining rooms and you can go anytime from 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm

There are 2 wine tasting events. The first will be this Friday and it is $25 pp and includes 5 outstanding wines. Not sure when the second is but it is 9.95 pp and has lower category wines. My recommendation is go to the first one.

Door decorations are staying up so far and our cabin stewards have seen them and like them.

Each night we will copy and paste your posts and the next night we will answer as many as we can.

To our family members who are reading this, we miss you and wish you were here!

We are on our way to Princess Cays and will report more tomorrow night about the bungalow experience.

Nighty night and sweet dreams everyone!!

Ziggy & Janice :D

Hi Everyone!

The Ruby is everything we thought it would be and better. The ship is beautiful and so far is as been a really great experience.

First let’s clear up the mystery about the Sea Food buffet at sail away! Yes, yes, yes, they have it and yes it’s King crab half legs, shrimp, mussels, calamari, scallops, and rock lobster plus so much more! It begins at 5:30 pm.

Ziggy & Janice :D

That's good news. I'm hoping that it will also be available on our 12/20 cruise... bringing my plastic bib!! :D :eek:

Edited by nanfromatlanta

I will also be following your posts. We will be getting on the ship on Nov. 14 as you get off.

Saw some of our Roll Call members on here.

I also watched Ruby leave yesterday on inletcam & kroooz-cams.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Gail

Way cool Zyggy and Janice. Did you happen to catch the name of the cruise director?

The sea food buffet sounds wonderful, I can't wait to tell my husband. He discovered it last year on the Emerald. He came back to the room while I was getting ready for dinner and told me he wasn't really hungry and that he had found the most amazing pile of scrimp and other goodies!

Thanks for posting. Im really interested to hear about the bungalows as we are planning on booking them in April. We have someone with limited walking abilities so Im not sure if they would be appropriate. He has a scooter but is that even usable to get to the washrooms?

Thanks for posting. Im really interested to hear about the bungalows as we are planning on booking them in April. We have someone with limited walking abilities so Im not sure if they would be appropriate. He has a scooter but is that even usable to get to the washrooms?

Some can correct me, but I have never seen a scooter loaded onto a tender for a passenger to use ashore.

Hi Mom (Ziggy7),

Just wanted to let you know that I miss you guys already. Not sure if I can wait 10 days for you to come home :-). All is well on the homefront so far. Kathleen and I are thinking of all kinds of ways we can get ourselves in trouble...dont worry, were trying to refrain. Hope you guys are having a blast.

Hugs and Kisses!

Karen aka #2

Isn't there a clock readout on the phone?

As I stated above, the phone's at the desk. If someone wants a clock on the nightstand, they would need to bring one or have the in-cabin tv tuned to the navigation channel.

For Debbie, Janice and the others on the Ruby, here's a capture of the bridge cam right now (sorry, I wasn't on the computer earlier today):

1171565780_rubyprinc1105.jpg.4559cdba25f628235bc3b714babc7141.jpg

Some can correct me, but I have never seen a scooter loaded onto a tender for a passenger to use ashore.

Chrysails, how have you been since the emerald? just got off the Sapphire one of our cc members had a scooter and they put it on the tender in catalina....

Janet & Ziggy please have another beer for me!!!

Janice and Ziggy:

I hope you are having a great cruise! I am very envious--it's cold here and I have something that is probably swine flu. It would have been too ironic that our ladies cruise was was so rudely interrupted by swine flu and then I would have had to miss the Ruby because I have it myself!! I have the laptop with me in bed and I am thinking about you.

Have a wonderful time and stay away from Hurricane Ida (it sounds like your itinerary is the right one, as it is Eastern Caribbean, and Ida is in the west). Have a drink on me!!

Ya-Ya's forever!!!

Love,

Lisa

Ziggy and Janice ..... make sure you leave the Ruby nice and clean next weekend ..... :D

By the way is Tony Yeomans still the Captain ?

Dave.

Dave, yes, Tony Yeomans is still the Captain.

Karen

Hi Everyone!

Today was Princess Cays and we had a great time! We renter 3 bungalows and all of us snorkeled, dances to the music, collected some sea shells, shopped, etc….. and had a great time! Wish we stopped back by there on the way home!!!

A few questions answered:

No clock, just the one on the phone and that

is on the digital screen!

Buffet on 1st night? Yes, 5:30pm Horizon Court!

Crew Members?

Captain – Tony Yeomans

Staff Captain - Gavin Pears

Passinger Services Director – Dirk Brand

Cruise Director – James Ibrahim

Executive Housekeeper – Anthony Keay

Executive Chef – Michele Cozzoli

Maitre d’Hotel – Jose Florencio

Lunch service to the Bungalows? No, we were able to set something up special as a group but the do not normally serve the bungalows lunch. You must walk to the BBQ area and eat there or bring your food back to the bungalow.

22. Sanctuary bungalows and sanctuary extras available? No, not until at least mid December. They were working hard on them the whole time we were there today but still have a ways to go on them!

23. Priority tender tickets given for bungalows? Yes. They are delivered separately from the bungalow ticket. You will get them the night before you arrive in Princess Cays.

24. Did door decorations stay up? Yes, they are still up and the staff and passengers are enjoying them!

I would like a bit of a detailed comparison of Princess Cays to Half Moon Cay.

I loved Half Moon Cay but with all the upgrades Princess has done with Princess Cays, I now love Princess Cays more! More concrete walkways to walk on, all the way past the bungalows! More drink stations; many wait staff for drink service. Food was great! Loved the tender ribs and fresh fruit!

We are at sea tomorrow, and it is our first formal! Also the Champange Waterfall is at 7:15 – 8:15 pm.

Baseball has been playing on MUTS since we left, but tomorrow the MUTS movie is “UP”!

More answers tomorrow!

To our families, we are having a great time and wish you all were here with us! Miss you lots!!!

Hugs & Blessings!

Janice & Ziggy

PS ........ Time change tonight, 1 hour forward!

I would like a bit of a detailed comparison of Princess Cays to Half Moon Cay.

I loved Half Moon Cay but with all the upgrades Princess has done with Princess Cays, I now love Princess Cays more! More concrete walkways to walk on, all the way past the bungalows! More drink stations; many wait staff for drink service. Food was great! Loved the tender ribs and fresh fruit!

Thanks so much Debbie :) I am now really looking forward to January, I have reserved a Bungalow so cannot wait to see your pictures.