2 cruise reservations but won't be platinum 'til I complete one..what do I do?

I have a cruise scheduled for January which will make me a Platinum C&A member. I can then get the balcony discount for future cruises. While on their website yesterday I saw a good price for a Med. cruise and thought of putting a hold on it. Will RCI let me apply the balcony discount after I complete my cruise in January? Also, I thought about booking two rooms, one for DH and me and one for kids (16 & 20). I am the only one that will be Platinum though. Will I be able to get the discount for both rooms?

Yes RCI will apply the platinum discount to your second cruise after you complete your next cruise. You say you are (or will be) the only platinum. All family members living under the same roof are eligible for the same status as the highest member in that house. So, your husband and children (provided they live at home) will be platinum after your next cruise also. Make sure they are enrolled in Crown & Anchor.

Yes RCI will apply the platinum discount to your second cruise after you complete your next cruise. You say you are (or will be) the only platinum. All family members living under the same roof are eligible for the same status as the highest member in that house. So, your husband and children (provided they live at home) will be platinum after your next cruise also. Make sure they are enrolled in Crown & Anchor.

We're all C&A members, but they're not taking the cruise with me in January. Therefore, I'll have five credits and they will only have four.

We're all C&A members, but they're not taking the cruise with me in January. Therefore, I'll have five credits and they will only have four.

It doesn't matter - you will all become Platinum at the same time. My son has only been on 2 RCCL Cruises yet he became Platinum the same time as me. Everyone in your household [that are registered crown and anchor members] will become Platinum at the same time as you.

Jody- Have you seen this written anywhere on the RCCL website? My husband has one more cruise credit (eight) than the rest of us (seven) - so when he gets to ten, you think we will all get Diamond?

Yes, my son had one and we became platinum and so did he.

We could not get our D discount when we became D mid B2B. Just wasn't an option it seems..............:confused:

I have a question about that. Do the children have to be minors?

My two sons are still living at home, but they are 18 and 20. The 20 year-old will be 21 by the time we cruise.

When I booked a separate stateroom for them on my upcoming Mariner cruise, I could not use my Platinum balcony discount because I was not traveling in that stateroom. I am the one paying for that room, however.

They were not given the same status as me, as they have only been on one Royal Caribbean cruise.

I have a question about that. Do the children have to be minors?

My two sons are still living at home, but they are 18 and 20. The 20 year-old will be 21 by the time we cruise.

When I booked a separate stateroom for them on my upcoming Mariner cruise, I could not use my Platinum balcony discount because I was not traveling in that stateroom. I am the one paying for that room, however.

They were not given the same status as me, as they have only been on one Royal Caribbean cruise.

My son was over 18 when he was bumped up to us. Call C & a and see if they will upgrade your sons and then you can apply the discount. As long as they are at the same address they should be the same.

That's what I thought, but my TA said that they weren't eligible for my discount as they did not have the same status as me.

I guess I will give them a call and see what I can do...thanks......

In this case I would NOT rely on your TA as it does not seem she knows how it works, call C & A directly and just tell them you want to check this out (don't tell them you have a cruise booked) and THEN tell you TA to have the discount applied.

My parents became diamond when I did, so it's not an age thing. ;)

As long as you aren't B2B, you should be able to get your discount on the second cruise. When I did this, the rep actually pushed through my final credit (back when they were taking forever to register) to make sure I got the discount.

about my sons having the same status as me:

From Royal Caribbean C & A:

"Thank you for your e-mail. As your sons are no longer minors, they are now responsible for earning their own cruise credits.

Therefore, they are Gold members with two cruise credits."

So, they don't get my status automatically.........

about my sons having the same status as me:

From Royal Caribbean C & A:

"Thank you for your e-mail. As your sons are no longer minors, they are now responsible for earning their own cruise credits.

Therefore, they are Gold members with two cruise credits."

So, they don't get my status automatically.........

Well that is something entirely new now. It was not that way as of last year.:confused:

Archived