Observatory Hotel v Grand Quay Suites Sydney

cruzadict

I am having great difficulty deciding between these two hotels. Has anyone stayed at them and if so what are your thoughts. The price is virtually the same for both. the other option is Sir Stamford CQ in an Executive Harbour Suite. Any comments on this one. Any advice you can give me would be most appreciated as I am now beginning to get a headache!!!

I am having great difficulty deciding between these two hotels. Has anyone stayed at them and if so what are your thoughts. The price is virtually the same for both. the other option is Sir Stamford CQ in an Executive Harbour Suite. Any comments on this one. Any advice you can give me would be most appreciated as I am now beginning to get a headache!!!

we are staying at the Sir Stamford 12/1 - 12/4 I have not stayed there before but when I asked the same question here I got a big thumbs up! Plus it has great reviews on tripadvisor. Also this hotel used to be the ritz carlton.

Now if your looking for a great price at the sir go to orbitz. I booked my december nights there for 108 per night USD. The location is great and even if it's half the hotel everyone says I'd be happy at that price.

There is a huge difference between a Hotel Room or a Appartment?

Grand Quay Suites is a Appartment Hotel and i would not hesitate to stay there again.If you can score a magnificent harbour view all the better.

Two short blocks away from Grand Quay Suites at Wynyard Station there is a Supermarket and a Wine Shop nearby which allows you to self cater if you desire.

Grand Quay Suites is sited half way between Wynyard Station and Circular Quay Stations. whilst Sir Stamford Hotel is also a easy walk from Circular Quay Station.

The Observatory Hotel is 5 star and very good however a little out of the way and not as handy to the Quay or the Station

To me a Appartment is more about space/comfort relaxing.

Hotel rooms can be small,however the shortfall can be made up with Hotel Service ie Dining /Room service,etc.

There is a huge difference between a Hotel Room or a Appartment?

Grand Quay Suites is a Appartment Hotel and i would not hesitate to stay there again.If you can score a magnificent harbour view all the better.

Two short blocks away from Grand Quay Suites at Wynyard Station there is a Supermarket and a Wine Shop nearby which allows you to self cater if you desire.

Grand Quay Suites is sited half way between Wynyard Station and Circular Quay Stations. whilst Sir Stamford Hotel is also a easy walk from Circular Quay Station.

The Observatory Hotel is 5 star and very good however a little out of the way and not as handy to the Quay or the Station

To me a Appartment is more about space/comfort relaxing.

Hotel rooms can be small,however the shortfall can be made up with Hotel Service ie Dining /Room service,etc.

Sorry i made a terrible mistake.

My reference above was to the Quay West Suites below.

http://www.wotif.com/hotels/quay-west-suites-sydney.html

Think maybe I am going to go with the Observatory. We don't mind walking as long as it is a safe district. Difference in price between the Sir Stamford and the Observatory is £300. Is the Observatory worth the difference. I not the comments regarding self catering but like the idea of being waited on and having looked at the Grand Quay suites again think they look a bit modern and seem for the younger crowd. We are both 60 and do like something traditional. Any more comments gratefully received.

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted the Park Hyatt this morning regarding an Opera View room but they do not have any available for our dates. They have offered me a City/Harbour view and a City Harbour view delux. Has anyone stayed in either of these and if so:

1. What is the view like and

2. Would there be enough room in the smaller of the rooms bearing in mind that we will be away for just over a month and will have 3 large suitcases with us.

Next time know not to dither about for so long!!!!!!

I contacted the Park Hyatt this morning regarding an Opera View room but they do not have any available for our dates. They have offered me a City/Harbour view and a City Harbour view delux. Has anyone stayed in either of these and if so:

1. What is the view like and

2. Would there be enough room in the smaller of the rooms bearing in mind that we will be away for just over a month and will have 3 large suitcases with us.

Next time know not to dither about for so long!!!!!!

I have stayed in a variety of rooms at the Park Hyatt and I think you would be happy with any type of Harbour view room. I have found the rooms to be quite spacious. We have just been away for over a month and organised our luggage as our cruise was finishing so that we had our cruise bags, one bag for Santorini (four night post cruise)and one bag for our London stay which was our last stop before coming home. This worked very well. The Park Hyatt is such a lovely hotel in really the best spot.

We had a family wedding in Sydney last year and about twenty family members stayed there from Melbourne. All were in different types of rooms and all were lovely. They were very accomodating as my elderly aunt was put in a room at the end of the hotel which was quite a walk for her to the lifts. They moved her closer to the lifts without any problems.

Kellie

Archived