Disappointed with Carnival?

phisig28

Guest, past guest, early saver, whatever.. just look at the price and if you accept it then get it and if not then don't. Why be "upset" over it ? :confused: The price is what it is. Take it or leave it, let thefree market speak.

Well put....get over it and enjoy your cruise!!

I don't think we are allowed to post them are we? One can google cruise board forums.........

I know of other cruise forums. I just dont know of any that have good information. Most are just a few people and posts are few and far between with little info.. I havent found any good ones. ... thats why I asked.

"Past Guest" rate shave never been particularly good on Carnival in my experience.

They did just discontinue the $50 Welcome Hoem credit a few months back. You'll still find that Carnival is less expensive in general than everyone else, though NCL sometimes gets down there too.

Try another line, see what you like better. Remember there's no real significant benefit to cruise line "loyalty". Try them all.

I just got back from a cruise on the Glory and must say that we had a great time, but was greatly disappointed when we came back. We were looking to book another cruise. I called my PVP and was told that there is no discount for booking after a cruise, or that there really is no past guest discounts anymore. With the new early saver program, everyone gets the same rate. Is anyone else upset by this? I have cruised Carnival several times, but am now looking for another line. I feel my loyalty should be worth something to them! Maybe they will get a clue. :)

Prices are at all time lows, not just Carnival. And among the major mass market lines, Carnival is the most competitive.

You have NEVER had it so good but you want more? Don't blame you for that, but DISAPPOINTED?

I've had god luck with many of Carnivals programs, but the welcome back program didn't work for me, after booking and using the future certificate with their PCP, they called me back and offered me one or the other, I took the future cert cause it was worh $100 instead of the $50 for the other, but I really felt if they initially accepted it, they should have honored it. No big deal though, they sent me the offer for the welcome back deal which I wouldn't have known about otherwise. I still got a deal I liked.

I've had god luck with many of Carnivals programs, but the welcome back program didn't work for me, after booking and using the future certificate with their PCP, they called me back and offered me one or the other, I took the future cert cause it was worh $100 instead of the $50 for the other, but I really felt if they initially accepted it, they should have honored it. No big deal though, they sent me the offer for the welcome back deal which I wouldn't have known about otherwise. I still got a deal I liked.

You and me both, but Carnival never allowed combining the future cruise credit with the WB credit ... wish they did too. I would have used both.

I just got back from a cruise on the Glory and must say that we had a great time, but was greatly disappointed when we came back. We were looking to book another cruise. I called my PVP and was told that there is no discount for booking after a cruise, or that there really is no past guest discounts anymore. With the new early saver program, everyone gets the same rate. Is anyone else upset by this? I have cruised Carnival several times, but am now looking for another line. I feel my loyalty should be worth something to them! Maybe they will get a clue. :)

Acouple of weeks ago, while on Carnival Valor, we booked a cruise on the Dream for April of next year. We booked ES and received a $100.00 OBC plus two vouchers for $100.00 OBC to be given to friends or family who might also book a cruise on the Dream with us.

If you change cruiselines because of not liking their past guest deals, you are most likely going to end up paying more. Carnival usually offers the best prices. I wouldn't think it would be worth changing cruise lines to someone with a better past guest rate, when in the end it will cost you more. Their past rate is probably more than Carnival's everyday rate.

I very rarely find a comparable cruise cheaper than Carnival.

I'm all for trying different lines, but not for this reason.

If you enjoy Carnival cruises and get a fair price, who cares if it is the same rate everyone else is paying.

Brand loyalty - never was much into it - I go for the best value for my money. If the itinerary and the price is right - I'm gone.

Just so happens that Carnival has been the best so far..... none of the cruise lines really offer a whole lot in the way of bonuses for loyal customers.

I may be wrong but I dont think the past guest discount was all that much. In any case, I still believe that Carnival offers the best value for your dollar. I have been on Celebrity once, and loved it, but since then I have mostly only cruised solo, and while I would love to go on another Celebrity cruise, Carnival is the only line that doesnt charge "an arm and a leg" to occupy a stateroom solo! Thankyou Carnival! They still have the best rates going IMHO.

Not unhappy at all. All I am concerned with is that I can find the lowest price for my needs---and the price is within the cost parameters I have. What "they" prefer to call it is irrelevant to me.

The can call it the Ruptured Duck rate for all I care...as long as it's the bottom line.

Well, on this note I think its time to shut this down for the night.

If the cruise itself had been dissapointing, I can see coming back and saying Im switching cruiselines. What makes no sense to me is coming back and saying that things the OP could have easily known even before their cruise are a reason to change cruiselines ... .and Iv heard a lot of reasons ... but never because they didnt like how Carnival books past guests. ... you either like the rate or you dont and dont book.

I think what is missing is that I never complained about the cruise I just took. I was saying there was a lack of anything for booking a new cruise as a past guest. There use to be alot of incentives if you booked another cruise within 60 days of the one you just took. I also understand that the price is what it is. I am just saying that as a past guest I should recieve something better than someone who has never cruised with CCL before. My PVP offered no upgrades or onboard credits to me. I was saying there is no incentive to not try another line.

I am just saying that as a past guest I should recieve something better than someone who has never cruised with CCL before.

Why? I am a past guest on Quantas, but next time I fly to Australia they are not going to give me a better price than anyone else. I am a past guest as Macy's, no discounts. I am past guest at Best Western, but I don't get a discount. Why would you for a cruise? The majority of people I meet on a cruise, have been on one before. You can't expect to then to give everyone a discount. ,

Archived