Another B2B Question

guyver

We are going on a B2B out of Miami in January. We had originally booked it as a 14 day cruise in a BA balcony.

We then decided that we wanted to upgrade to a suite. We found out that there were no suites left for the 1st leg but we did get an AD suite for leg 2.

Can anyone tell me how this will be handled at check in? I would think that we can check in for both legs, but will we have to check in regularly because the 1st leg is in a BA balcony? We are sure hoping that we can utilize the suite / VIP embarkation.

Surely someone else has been through this.

Thanks in Advance,

I'm not completely positive, so forgive me for posting too soon, but I THINK I have an idea since we're doing a B2B as well.

It depends on how your reservation reads. If it's 2 separate cruises, then you'll check in for the 2nd leg on it's embarkation day.

If it's one 14 day cruise, then you'll check-in once, but you'll still have to disembark the ship with everyone else where you'll be kept in a room until they allow passengers to board.

Either way, I think you'll physically have to get off the ship.

You can speak with reception about having your luggage moved to the suite.

HTH.

I'm not completely positive, so forgive me for posting too soon, but I THINK I have an idea since we're doing a B2B as well.

It depends on how your reservation reads. If it's 2 separate cruises, then you'll check in for the 2nd leg on it's embarkation day.

If it's one 14 day cruise, then you'll check-in once, but you'll still have to disembark the ship with everyone else where you'll be kept in a room until they allow passengers to board.

Either way, I think you'll physically have to get off the ship.

You can speak with reception about having your luggage moved to the suite.

Thanks Wink,

When we upgraded, our PCC had to cancel the 14 day and re-book it as 2 cruises.

Won't be the end of the world either way. We are happy to be going again.:D

I agree with *Wink* except for one thing, although it may vary by ship or port. I did a B2B out of Phila. It was booked as 2 seperate reservations and I did not have to get off the ship. I just had to wait til the first week's pax were cleared, then they were able to give me my new key card and I did not have to get off the ship.

Best thing to do is check with the Info desk when you board the first week for the proper procedure.

My luggage was moved for me. I talked to both stewards and the second cabin was ready before any others were. I was able to leave hanging clothes on hangers

I agree with *Wink* except for one thing, although it may vary by ship or port. I did a B2B out of Phila. It was booked as 2 seperate reservations and I did not have to get off the ship. I just had to wait til the first week's pax were cleared, then they were able to give me my new key card and I did not have to get off the ship.

Best thing to do is check with the Info desk when you board the first week for the proper procedure.

My luggage was moved for me. I talked to both stewards and the second cabin was ready before any others were. I was able to leave hanging clothes on hangers

It will vary based on the procedures used by DHS in the port. On the October 3rd Majesty cruise from Philadelphia we both were on, which was the first half of your B2B, there was no immigration check of disembarking US citizens upon the ship's return on October 10. They required non citizens to disembark first ( causing a big delay for everyone else), and when US citizens were finally allowed to disembark, we were told to put our passports away as they would not be examined. The agents merely collected the customs declaration forms. So, there was no need for B2B passengers to disembark, because there was no immigration check and you would not be declaring anything to customs at that time.

In other ports DHS may require everyone to disembark, even if you are sailing on a B2B.

In other ports DHS may require everyone to disembark, even if you are sailing on a B2B.

Yep, I added that caveat.

I did the exact thing the year before, did not have to get off then and there was not the non-US citizen mess there was this year.:D BTW, that's a big happy grin.

On our B2B out of Maimi we had to go thru customs in between the 5 and 9 day cruise, we had the same cabin so no luggage to move. Our key card had the whole 14 day cruise on it, so after going thru customs we went to the suite waiting room for about 20 minutes, then back on the ship. I guess if you don't have same cabin it could be a problem, I hear they will move your luggage to your new cabin. I see you have an AD for the second part of the cruise, get in contact with the Concierge(they like to hang out in the Star bar or Cagney's in the morning) before the first half of the cruise is over and tell he/she what is going on, i'm sure they will be more then happy to help out someone who will be staying in a AD suite the next part of the cruise.

Our card lasted for both cruises and we were the last people off the ship and then we were allowed to board again with the 1st group. Did not need to go through customs until the end of our trip. We had the same cabin so our belongings just stayed there until 2PM when everyone was allowed to go to their cabins.

Archived