Where to find summer clothes in Nov.???

Mpowered

Joan, I have no idea how far you are from Myrtle Beach, ( I know Myrtle Beach is clsoe the NC line, I am not sure where in NC you are) but I noticed Liz Claiborne in the Tanger outlet mall had skorts for more mature women last week. They called them "golf skirts" there, but they were the skirts that came to the knee that had shorts made under them.

I have heard, since we will be so close to the equator, it will be really hot. That is why I wanted the skorts for daytime. I do have capris I will wear when we are closer to FL, but I wanted something cooler when we are near to South America.

....... but I noticed Liz Claiborne in the Tanger outlet mall had skorts for more mature women last week. They called them "golf skirts" there, but they were the skirts that came to the knee that had shorts made under them.

Skorts are not cooler since it is like wearing a skirt over a pair of shorts. I've had at least 2 pairs of the Liz Claiborne skorts and they were far from being cool.

Skorts are not cooler since it is like wearing a skirt over a pair of shorts. I've had at least 2 pairs of the Liz Claiborne skorts and they were far from being cool.

I find them cooler, as long as they are 97% cotton with the rest lycra. I don't wear shorts anymore. If I could find Bermuda shorts that the waist was at the belly button I would, but I have found the lower rise that are so popular, I don't have enough hips anymore and they tend to slide down on me and I look like as I have said before, an old lady masquerading as a "home boy."

Oh well, I guess I am just different from the rest of you gals. I find cotton cooler, but I can't wear synthetics, I roast in them. But we are all different aren't we? What works for one perosn, may not work for another.

This is too Joan the OP-

Joan, Liz Clayborne did have other summery type stuff, I guess that being a beach area, they keep summer stuff longer. I just personally like skorts, as I feel I look better in them than shorts, (my shape and age) They may not be your "cup of tea," either. I just thought, if it not too far a drive for you, you may would want to check them out. See ya in 4 weeks and one day on our cruise!

I find them cooler, as long as they are 97% cotton with the rest lycra. I don't wear shorts anymore. If I could find Bermuda shorts that the waist was at the belly button I would, but I have found the lower rise that are so popular, I don't have enough hips anymore and they tend to slide down on me and I look like as I have said before, an old lady masquerading as a "home boy."

Oh well, I guess I am just different from the rest of you gals. I find cotton cooler, but I can't wear synthetics, I roast in them. But we are all different aren't we? What works for one perosn, may not work for another.

This is too Joan the OP-

Joan, Liz Clayborne did have other summery type stuff, I guess that being a beach area, they keep summer stuff longer. I just personally like skorts, as I feel I look better in them than shorts, (my shape and age) They may not be your "cup of tea," either. I just thought, if it not too far a drive for you, you may would want to check them out. See ya in 4 weeks and one day on our cruise!

Hi. I've never tried a skort, but I ordered one or two from Lands' End recently. I haven't tried them on yet but will probably do that over the weekend. Apparently, some people do find them cool enough because I see lots of women in them around our hot and humid area in the summer. There is even a GUY at my workplace who wears skorts in the summer. We call him Skortman. :D

I don't think the skorts will look good on me. I have the whitest white legs ever created. :eek:

See you soon! :cool:

Hi. I've never tried a skort, but I ordered one or two from Lands' End recently. I haven't tried them on yet but will probably do that over the weekend. Apparently, some people do find them cool enough because I see lots of women in them around our hot and humid area in the summer. There is even a GUY at my workplace who wears skorts in the summer. We call him Skortman. :D

I don't think the skorts will look good on me. I have the whitest white legs ever created. :eek:

See you soon! :cool:

My legs are white too, also, I have plenty of broken veins. My legs used to at least have a nice shape, but now that I retain fluids so badly-not any more. They just look preferable to shorts on me, more coverage. To be honest, I no longer look good in anything, just some things I don't look as bad as others.

I won't bore you with the details of why I'm asking :o, but I need to buy some summer clothes for our January cruise in the Caribbean. Of course, no one seems to be selling summer clothes now. Where can I shop?

Thanks!

Joan

I live in Colorado and I had the same issue when I was traveling to Costa Rica. I needed some flip flops and none were to be found (locally).

Try online. I've found some pretty good deals at Nordstroms.

Have a great cruise!

My legs are white too, also, I have plenty of broken veins. My legs used to at least have a nice shape, but now that I retain fluids so badly-not any more. They just look preferable to shorts on me, more coverage. To be honest, I no longer look good in anything, just some things I don't look as bad as others.

Oh, boy, can I identify with what you're saying!! :rolleyes:

I live in Colorado and I had the same issue when I was traveling to Costa Rica. I needed some flip flops and none were to be found (locally).

Try online. I've found some pretty good deals at Nordstroms.

Have a great cruise!

That's exactly what I did - found everything I needed online, even sunscreen. :cool: Thanks!

Archived