Palm the Maitr'd

mrbill62

Yes, $ 20.00 DID get me a table by the window... The only time I have requested a change..... As sad as it may be, "Money Talks, Bullsh*t Walks", like it or not ~~!!~~

Oh yea.

The cruising tightwads (this forum is FULL of 'em) never wish to be reminded that this applies to ALL service employees in nearly every business. Not just cruiselines, not just Carnival !

It'll only make your fun time less worrisome, and your showing appreciation can actually make you feel better too !

It's NOT a requirement....but very often will work in many areas. And it's not gonna change your life either. Lighten up !!!

We did once. We paid the cabin steward $20.00 upon arrival to keep ice in our room. He stuck it in his pocket and we had to get ice ourselves. It was a tip ahead of time asking that he do that for us. Well he didn't do it, so we deducted the $20.00 off his final tip. After that, no money ahead of time for anything. I guess we weren't that special after all. :rolleyes:

Good idea!

We did once. We paid the cabin steward $20.00 upon arrival to keep ice in our room. He stuck it in his pocket and we had to get ice ourselves. It was a tip ahead of time asking that he do that for us. Well he didn't do it, so we deducted the $20.00 off his final tip. After that, no money ahead of time for anything. I guess we weren't that special after all.

Now that is a foolish cabin steward. I'm surprised you only deducted $20.00 from his final tip, due to the entire lack of service. He was in the room for the towels and turn-down, it wouldn't have been that difficult to bring in a container of ice at that same time.

I agree that money talks. I don't think it's all that crazy to think they may "save" a few tables for such an event. Perhaps they save the tables for the crazies that won't give up and complain like hell to get what they want and then along comes someone with a $20 and they get the table. It's great to think that everything is done completely fairly and with the utmost of integrity but unfortunately that doesn't really fly in this day and age.

It'll only make your fun time less worrisome, and your showing appreciation can actually make you feel better too !

I don't worry about anything except for keeping money in my pocket and a roof over my head. I do other things for people who don't have a pot to p*ss in, and that makes me feel okay. BTW, turkey day is coming up and if you have some spare money, buy a turkey and drop it off at your local food bank, that's where it's appreciated.

Archived