Taxi from Port of Everglased to FLL

sloney

Ir's a short ride and was about $10 2 years ago. You may have to wait a bit depending on how many ships are in port. Took around 15 to 20 minutes. We were constantly harassed by van drivers telling us that there would be no Taxis. They were more expensive and waited until their van was full before leaving. Not worth arranging for a car service.

thanks eveyone for your quick replies. I asked because when we arrive at the Port I need to pick up a rental car. It's way cheaper to pick up the car and the airport as opposed to selecting the Port as the pick up location.

thanks eveyone for your quick replies. I asked because when we arrive at the Port I need to pick up a rental car. It's way cheaper to pick up the car and the airport as opposed to selecting the Port as the pick up location.

That is odd, Thrifty, Dollar and Budget all have locations next to the port and I have always found their prices cheaper because there is no airport surcharge.

Does anyone remember hom much $$ the cab is from the port to the airport?

Take the free airport rental car shuttle (run by the airport authority) from the port. It will take you to the new on site airport rental facility where many of the companies are located now, and its got a walkway right into the airport terminal.

That is odd, Thrifty, Dollar and Budget all have locations next to the port and I have always found their prices cheaper because there is no airport surcharge.

I made a reservation with hertz a long time ago (I get points with them) with the pick up and drop off at FLL. If I change the pick up location to the Port the cost goes up (online) I think the increase is either because I want to pick up and drop off the car at different locations or because it's getting closer and closer to Christmas.

Does that make sense?

FOr the most part - the rental companies pick up for either FLL or the port is the same place! You take the shuttle from FLL to the cars - or take the shuttle from the port to the same cars! Check and see if they have port shuttle - we hae done it with Alamo, National, Thrifty and Budget!

I made a reservation with hertz a long time ago (I get points with them) with the pick up and drop off at FLL. If I change the pick up location to the Port the cost goes up (online) I think the increase is either because I want to pick up and drop off the car at different locations or because it's getting closer and closer to Christmas.

Does that make sense?

Any time I rent a car I try to pick it up at an off-airport location. Doesn't matter with whom I rent. Off airport locations always cost less.

I knew I was taken for a ride by the taxi driver when I got off the Emerald. I walked straight onto a taxi, bypassing all the busses, shuttles, etc. When we got to the airport, the taxi driver charged me $25 with tip for two people. Same cost if I took a shuttle. I think they all work together to scam the consumer.

Does that make sense?

Since you made i a while ago it is likely becaue it is now closer to your pick up date and because Hertz have drop off locations rather than booking offices and I believe the price increases for those dropoffs. Hertz are rarely the cheapest in Florida. I have had Dollar offer cars for $7 a day by rebooking using the specials about 2 weeks before pick up, but then there are the ever important Points to consider :)

Ir's a short ride and was about $10 2 years ago. You may have to wait a bit depending on how many ships are in port. Took around 15 to 20 minutes. We were constantly harassed by van drivers telling us that there would be no Taxis. They were more expensive and waited until their van was full before leaving. Not worth arranging for a car service.

The shuttle "sellers" were in full force yesterday and their price was $11 per person. The four of us took a taxi that dropped one off at Terminal 1 for Southwest and the rest of us at Terminal 3 for JetBlue and USAir--total cost for us was $12.90 plus tip as opposed to the shuttle which would have been $44.

We also came off the Emerald Sun Nov 8 - party of 6. Were quickly approached by a "van driver" offering $11.00 per person. Told him that was too expensive - so he offered to charge only 5 of us. Still way too much. Ended up taking 2 cabs - each cab fare came to $11.00. Don't be scammed - always do some research. Of which - this forum is A+. Will post a review after I stop rocking!!!

Last January coming off the Ruby I paid $12.00 not including the tip. I have taken taxis from the port to FLL on five occasions. The cheapest was $10.50 and the most expensive was $20.00. Alot depends on the number of ships that are coming into port and the time it talkes to get out of the port area. The time that it was $10.50, we did self disembarkation so we were one of the first off the ship and one of the first taxis to get out of port. The time it was $20.00, we were in the last group getting off the ship and we spent a lot of time idling in traffic with the meter running.

It was $12.90 on the meter yesterday from Port Everglades to Terminal 3 at FLL.

Please note the taxi rank at the Princess terminal has changed. Make a left out of the terminal, then take the ramp on your right down.. and then cross the street. There are temporary signs to direct you.

The old taxi rank was at the far end of the terminal. To your left as you exited.

Archived