fish and chips?

giddy2travel

"Best" Halibut n Chips by the LumberJack show in Ketchikan..Also at the Skagway Fish Co. at the pier in Skagway...Yummy...:p! And don't forget the fudge at the Alaskan Fudge Co. in Juneau... Double Yummy :p:p!

sorry forgot to add on carnival glory

thanks

No Problem, I had an idea you meant on Carnival Conquest class ships, anyway, the fish and chips station is upstairs from the aft most part of the Buffet area. It is rarely very busy, and in my experience on three ships, there have always been tables available. The servings are not that big, but that leaves you the option to have bouillabaise, or one of the other cold seafood salads and appetizer type offerings, then having the fish and chips. I have had it when it was a bit greasy, and other times when not. It is worth a try for sure. I tried the fried oysters on the Liberty last time, and thought they didnt taste fresh, but I will try them on my next cruise anyway just to compare. Definitely worth a try. Enjoy your cruise!:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is so much more that fish and chips so it worth a trip. I found the place, it was like a secret area. Upstairs from the buffet. I always found a table by the window and yum...yum...yumm! Oyster and zucinini fritters, fried squid, tuna on watermelon with a drop of balsamic vinager. 6 different sauces. I went every day after that, too bad it is only open a couple hours a day.

I had it ALL

whatever those shrimp fritter zucchini things are they ROCK

the fish and chips were excellent also but everything else they served was really good also..it's a must do on carnival for sure if you like that kinda thing..

the sushi bar is excellent also I must add..

I had it ALL

whatever those shrimp fritter zucchini things are they ROCK

the fish and chips were excellent also but everything else they served was really good also..it's a must do on carnival for sure if you like that kinda thing..

the sushi bar is excellent also I must add..

I liked the zucchini fritter too, and the fish and chips, bouillabaise, but did you try the fried oysters? Im just wondering if it is just me, because I am not an oyster expert, but I thought they tasted "off". Another night, the fried oysters were on the MDR menu as a starter, so I ordered them and they tasted the same. I ate them, but just found they tasted odd. So, I am not complaining, because I probably just dont know how they "should" taste. Just asking. ? anyone?

I am a lover of all things seafood, on a cruise, I will order smoked salmon and capers with the eggs benedict, or the smoked whitefish omelet; seafood newburg salad, trout almondine for lunch, del mar for a 1:30 nosh, 5 pm sushi, one or two seafood dishes for dinner and lord help me I have anchovies on the pizza or order the shrimp salad sandwich from room service.

I have tried the oysters and well it may be a texture thing, but fresh, fried or fricasseed, it is just about the only seafood I don't order. :o

• 2 weeks later...

When we first board the ship, the first place my husband heads to, is the Fish and Chips station on-board the Carnival Conquest. It's his favorite place to eat. He loves the fish and chips, me, not as much. I head for PC Wok's, the chinese food station:D

Archived