Cunard. Cruise the Med in November?

spucka4

Hi we are a middle class couple in our 30's & 40's and are wondering if:

1. Cunard will be too posh for us (we have cruised Celebrity & P&O b4)?

2. How cool the temp will be cruising from Rome to Greece, Cyprus, Egypt, Malta & back to Rome in November?

3. How comfortable is an A5 balcony cabin aft on deck 5 of Queen Victoria?

4. Is onboard entertainment directed more towards an older age group?

Any info much appreciated.

Hi we are a middle class couple in our 30's & 40's and are wondering if:

1. Cunard will be too posh for us (we have cruised Celebrity & P&O b4)?

2. How cool the temp will be cruising from Rome to Greece, Cyprus, Egypt, Malta & back to Rome in November?

3. How comfortable is an A5 balcony cabin aft on deck 5 of Queen Victoria?

4. Is onboard entertainment directed more towards an older age group?

Any info much appreciated.

welcome to our happy group. answers are

1 No, it is formal without being posh, it is a step up from P & O but you will feel very comfortable

2 There is no real way to tell, last week in Portugal it was 30 degrees centigrade but the Med is a large unpredictable body of water

3 A5 is a good grade, if it is not windy it is often nice to sit out on but it is always nice to open the door and get some fresh air. If the sea is choppy you may feel it being aft or it may be quiet

4. Entertainment is quite eclectic and appeals to most if not all.

QV is a beautiful ship and I am sure that you will have a great time. Let us know please

welcome to our happy group. answers are

1 No, it is formal without being posh, it is a step up from P & O but you will feel very comfortable

2 There is no real way to tell, last week in Portugal it was 30 degrees centigrade but the Med is a large unpredictable body of water

3 A5 is a good grade, if it is not windy it is often nice to sit out on but it is always nice to open the door and get some fresh air. If the sea is choppy you may feel it being aft or it may be quiet

4. Entertainment is quite eclectic and appeals to most if not all.

QV is a beautiful ship and I am sure that you will have a great time. Let us know please

I would like to fully agree with you here.

also as we like to vist Rome once or twice a year, I would Rome is wonderful any Month

My wife and I have been on numerous Cunard voyages, and we have booked the Nov. 2010 Mediterranean trip. I would agree with the above comments except about the entertainment.

In my opinion, the professional entertainment is decidedly geared to the post-retirement crowd. That said, there's plenty to do at night besides the shows.

I invariably cruise the Med in either April or November. My past Nov. voyages have been lovely weather-wise - t-shirts during the day. You do get the occasional shower, but otherwise it is great as there are fewer crowds at the main sights.

This is an A7 stateroom. It was extremely comfortable although the bathroom is tiny.

DSC_0002.JPG

I invariably cruise the Med in either April or November. My past Nov. voyages have been lovely weather-wise - t-shirts during the day. You do get the occasional shower, but otherwise it is great as there are fewer crowds at the main sights.

This is an A7 stateroom. It was extremely comfortable although the bathroom is tiny.

DSC_0002.JPG

Thanks for posting the A7 picture. We had an A1 and our room wasn't any larger. They appear exactly the same.

I think the Med is far too cold in Nov for cruising. May be ok. for visiting the sights but cold on the sea.

It may feel cold to you - living in Spain, but those of us in colder climes it is positively balmy :D

We were on holiday on Malta in November last year when the QE2 was on her last trip (had a great time waving her in and out). The weather was changeable over the ten days but always pleasantly warm. Having lived on Malta for two years when i was younger the weather in November is variable but warm (for us Brits anyway). You will be travelling further east in the Med so hopefully will be warmer still.

Fred & Sian.

Archived