Hotel near Port of Miami with free parking.

gliner

La Quinta Airport East , free parking up to 14 days with one night stay pre-cruise and they include one way shuttle to the port free, I just booked with them for our cruise in Dec. You also get free breakfast

That works for me. Now to convince my GF that it would be better to arrive the day prior and not be rushed the day of sailing.

Please understand that this motel is near the airport; you will be a long ways away from downtown, South Beach, and any sites you might want to enjoy. Good luck!:)

Yet we will have the car to reach those. ;-)

With the port charging $140 a week to park your car, staying one night and catching a cab back to the hotel post cruise is still about $50 cheaper. Plus not having to leave home at 6 am to drive to Miami will also be a plus.

gliner, I feel compelled to tell you that folks on these boards have suggested it is not a safe place to leave your car for a week. You can use the Search function and read what others have said, but I know the concensus is that paying more to park in a secured lot at the Port of Miami is the preferred thing to do. To me, peace of mind and convenience is worth $50.00.

That works for me. Now to convince my GF that it would be better to arrive the day prior and not be rushed the day of sailing.

unless it is a matter of money, once you fly in the day before you won't ever fly in on cruise day again. It is so nice to have the extra day to just stroll around and relax. it sets a great tone for your cruise.

unless it is a matter of money, once you fly in the day before you won't ever fly in on cruise day again. It is so nice to have the extra day to just stroll around and relax. it sets a great tone for your cruise.

That's my thoughts exactly. Since we live 3 hours from Miami, and a round trip flight from Orlando to Miami is twice what it costs to park at the port, flying ceases to be an affordable option.

While I would prefer to drive down the day prior, my GF is dead set on getting up early and driving down on departure day.

So in order to maintain the domestic tranquility, I will acquiesce and do the early morning drive and park at the port as she has "gently" reminded me that our cruise will be much more pleasant if I do so.

Anyone know of a hotel near Miami that will allow you to park your car in their lot for a week? One with a shuttle to the port would also be nice.

We are leaving on the Valor's 11/29 sailing and are staying at Laquinta East the night before. We live in Deland and I used to live in Oviedo like you so I would rather go the day before than leave early on Sunday morning. It got pretty good reviews so I'm hoping it will be ok.

gliner, I feel compelled to tell you that folks on these boards have suggested it is not a safe place to leave your car for a week. You can use the Search function and read what others have said, but I know the concensus is that paying more to park in a secured lot at the Port of Miami is the preferred thing to do. To me, peace of mind and convenience is worth $50.00.

I've read reviews on trip advisor and a lot of people have left cars there with no problem. When I called the hotel I was told there is security driving around the lot. I was very concerned with leaving my car in Miami but like my hubby said to me we don't have the type of car someone would most likely want to break into so I'm hoping he's right lol.

I've read reviews on trip advisor and a lot of people have left cars there with no problem. When I called the hotel I was told there is security driving around the lot. I was very concerned with leaving my car in Miami but like my hubby said to me we don't have the type of car someone would most likely want to break into so I'm hoping he's right lol.
We actually left our car at the Laquinta East in Miami for two weeks while we were on a transatlantic cruise last April/May. Worked perfectly. They have security cameras as well as security patrol. We will be staying there again and parking our car there during our Panama Canal cruise in December.

Archived