Bringing ice chests and soft drinks on Voyager

drbel

We will be sailing on Voyager and wondering if they allow sodas and icechests on board. We plan to get a soda card but like to drink a can of soda in the room or balcony. If they do allow drinks, how many can I bring on? We are a big group.

I've brought a fold-up fabric/nylon cooler with me, and a 12-pack or two of sodas. The cabin attendant can keep it full of ice for you. Depending on your excursion, it is heaven to know you have your own cooler with drinks you like in it. When you're really hot, a cold soda is heaven!

Some ports have nearby stores that you can pick up more sodas.

Kathy

They have ice onboard, so you don't have to keep everything cold....pour it in a glass with ice!

We like to have soda and seltzer pre-chilled because we don't like it diluting in the ice. That's why we always bring a small portable cooler to keep a few things really cold and at hand.

drbel:

How many are in your big group? You don't mean that you, personally, will be bringing soda and ice chests for everyone, do you? Each person/cabin should be responsible for their own. If you try to board with (for example) 10 ice chests and 8 cases of soda, you will have problems and will likely not be allowed to bring it onboard. Do you all plan to purchase the soda package? If so, you probably wouldn't need to bring a huge amount onboard; just enough for having in the cabin or on the balcony. You do know that each person needs their own soda package, I presume. (I ask because you say you plan to buy "a soda card," which could mean one, rather than one per person.)

beachchick

There is a fridge in your cabin full of soda, beer, and alcohol. We take it all out so we can put our things in the fridge. (Your steward will take everything out if you ask them,). But it doesn't get too cold as it can't breath with the wooden cabinet door closed. We put a washcloth over this door so it can't be closed. We tell our steward about it so he leaves the washcloth there. This does make the fridge colder, you can feel the heat from it coming out that door for ventilation. You can put soda in it and then add ice.

drbel:

How many are in your big group? You don't mean that you, personally, will be bringing soda and ice chests for everyone, do you? Each person/cabin should be responsible for their own. If you try to board with (for example) 10 ice chests and 8 cases of soda, you will have problems and will likely not be allowed to bring it onboard. Do you all plan to purchase the soda package? If so, you probably wouldn't need to bring a huge amount onboard; just enough for having in the cabin or on the balcony. You do know that each person needs their own soda package, I presume. (I ask because you say you plan to buy "a soda card," which could mean one, rather than one per person.)

beachchick

We have a group of 9 coming on board. Most will purchase the soda package. We want to have drinks in the room too, but everyone likes different drinks. I think each room wants to bring about a 24 pk (we have 4 rooms) Only we have an ice chest but it's about the size of half a regular size one. Our room usually becomes the "hang out room" at night so an ice chest is probably needed.

There is a fridge in your cabin full of soda, beer, and alcohol. We take it all out so we can put our things in the fridge. (Your steward will take everything out if you ask them,). But it doesn't get too cold as it can't breath with the wooden cabinet door closed. We put a washcloth over this door so it can't be closed. We tell our steward about it so he leaves the washcloth there. This does make the fridge colder, you can feel the heat from it coming out that door for ventilation. You can put soda in it and then add ice.

Not on RCI. There is no alcohol in the "mini fridge/mini bar" on RCI ships, not even in the suites. It really doesn't seem to matter whether the wood cabinet door is closed or open in front of the mini fridge; things simply do not get ice cold. That's why we like having a small cooler with ice to keep a few things, well, ice cold.

We have a group of 9 coming on board. Most will purchase the soda package. We want to have drinks in the room too, but everyone likes different drinks. I think each room wants to bring about a 24 pk (we have 4 rooms) Only we have an ice chest but it's about the size of half a regular size one. Our room usually becomes the "hang out room" at night so an ice chest is probably needed.

You should have no problems with that amount of soda and bringing one ice chest for your cabin. Just carry it on and you'll be good to go.

beachchick

Archived