"supper club"

meow!

Meow, here is what website/voyage atlas say:

STARS SUPPER CLUB - ANOTHER NEW DINING VENUE:

The warm and inviting Art Deco-inspired decor of this dining venue elegantly recalls the supper clubs of the 1930s. Located just forward of La Terrazza on Deck 7, Stars Supper Club offers a modern twist with trendsetting menus showcasing regional and seasonal delicacies to be enjoyed in a succession of small courses. Guests can arrive early for cocktails and stay late as the mood is transformed by live music, dancing and nightclub-style entertainment. Reservations are required for dinner.

Have also forwarded your Supper Club menu/type of music played ? to the Information

Desk at SS..when I get an answer will post here.

Here is what Silversea just sent me on the Supper Club menu/music:

Thank you for your e-mail!

There will not be a set menu, tapas or buffet. Guests will have a choice of hot/cold appetizers, choice of entree (most likely meat or fish), and choice of dessert. If guests wish to come to the Supper Club just for dessert, that is permitted. Dishes are crockery sensitive and will be complimented by the style of crockery.

The menus are not available yet.

Music will be a mixture of contemporary and old favorites allowing guests opportunities for dancing while dining.

Best Regards

Information Desk at Silversea

<Informationdesk@silverseacruises.com>

There will not be a set menu, tapas or buffet.
Thank you kindly, Colonel, for your information. However, it seems quite a few would like the supper club to serve tappas or buffet. Is it possible for Silversea to reconsider this possiblity? It shouldn't be hard to do, and in fact, it takes less kitchen space to serve buffet than course dinners!

Henry, count me dense too, googled crockery and all I got was betty crocker...maybe we should ask Martha Stewart?

I'm putting up my hand...I'm dense too:D

I hate this sort of marketing...why can't they just tell us exactly what to expect...crockery challenged food now - how ridiculous!

Cheers

ging466

I think it's for passengers with a crockery allergy. ;)

I also googled "crockery". Wikipedia says: " In British English the term crockery is used,..." (rather than the words "dishware" or "dinnerware"). So, "crockery sensitive"? -- maybe they will be serving traditional British foods that won't insult the English china they're served on?

I also googled "crockery". Wikipedia says: " In British English the term crockery is used,..." (rather than the words "dishware" or "dinnerware"). So, "crockery sensitive"? -- maybe they will be serving traditional British foods that won't insult the English china they're served on?

Is crockery a term not used in America? It's used in Australia and the UK but it's quite an old fashioned word and u don't see it much anymore.

When I first read the Colonel's post, immediately coming to mind was that the chocolate mousse refuses to go in the soup bowl.:D

Cheers

ging466

If Silversea is offering the opportunity of "dancing while dining", one must wonder the correct protocol, which hand for the partner and which hand for the food sensitive crockery. Entertainment on Silversea has reached a whole new level!!!

From my daughter who is doing food tech...crockery sensitive

oh that just means you pick a plate that enhances the appearance and quality of the food ...you know like the oyster plates at tetsuyas...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uYEF8zeeDoU/SZbXvR8IyRI/AAAAAAAAAxw/4SU6Sf2V_1o/s400/oysters.jpg

http://www.top100.org.uk/assets/images/autogen/a_classic_presentation_of_pub_food.jpg

Archived