Back of the boat on Miracle?

screwsmcernst

My sister wants to book the miracle for next Oct. She asked me what I thought about cabins at the back of the boat with aft views. She wants the empress or verandah deck. Her questions are: Is there a lot of vibration and noise from the pods? Is there exhaust from the stack? What other info can anyone give about these cabins.

Thanks,

We had cabin 4228 on the Miracle. We really enjoyed the huge balcony. Deck 4 is the only one where the balcony is fully covered. Some sun- some shade. We were not bothered by the noise and found it relaxing. We did not notice any extra vibration. No exhaust or soot. We would love to have this cabin again. Enjoy your cruise whatever you choose. :)

We have been on deck 7 and 4. You are more subject to soot on decks 5 to 9 as there is little covering, but we were lucky and maybe saw a couple of specks.

The vibration only happens when they use the thusters during docking.

But they is a slight sway back there that you don't find in the rest of the ship that I have noticed.

AND, it's VERY noisy back there from the wake, like having a room next to Niagara Falls.

But the views ARE great.

We had an aft wrap on deck 4 on the Miracle in Feb. I didn't have any issue with vibration bothering me. There was no issue with soot on the balcony but you do see the smoke as it trails behind the ship.

The wake is loud when you are on the balcony but not annoyingly so. And you don't hear it when inside the cabin. There is not much foot traffic back there which is nice. It is a long way to the front of the ship though. I realized I forgot my sunglasses after getting in line to disembark at one of the ports. That seemed like a hike to go get them and then get back in line. Otherwise I really liked the location!

We have a deck 4 aft balcony cabin in two weeks on the Spirit! :D

We had our first a few weeks ago #5268. We didn't notice really any vibration or soot, however we rarely went out there due to how hot it was. If you like to spend time on the balcony which we do the heat can really hamper that. While the view is nice I don't think I would book another AFT since I enjoy sitting out in the AM and DH enjoys resting out there, we couldn't do either this time.

My sister wants to book the miracle for next Oct. She asked me what I thought about cabins at the back of the boat with aft views. She wants the empress or verandah deck. Her questions are: Is there a lot of vibration and noise from the pods? Is there exhaust from the stack? What other info can anyone give about these cabins.

Thanks,

We had cabin 5297 (upper deck) on the Miracle 2 weeks ago and to answer your questions:

1) Vibration: None except when side thrusters are on to dock.

2) Soot: Plenty on the deck chairs everyday

Other info: There is NO breeze back there and it gets way too hot for me when the sun is shining. Decks 5 thru 9 are not covered so the heat and rain is a big factor. Deck 4 is covered so that will help these and the soot issue. Balconies are larger (deeper) than standard balconies. It is a bit noisy from the engine wake but not bad. I prefer a side facing balcony and would not choose an aft balcony again.

Last December we had cabin 4232 and loved it. No vibration or soot issues for us. We loved to prop the door open during the night and the sound of the wake is like sleeping next to crashing waves, very peaceful. We are on the Liberty next month, and only reason we didn't get aft is we like some privacy on the balcony, which we had in 4232 on the Miracle, but with the slanting of the aft end of some of the ships they aren't covered much and it lacks privacy. Enjoy your cruise!!:)

Love the aft on the Miracle. Had the wrap on deck 4 in March and have a regular aft in February next year. Little if any soot, and your cabin steward is usually really good about cleaning out there as well. Little virbration when pulling into port. The views, the sound of the wake....peaceful! Counting the days now until I sail her again!

Cabin 6264 on the Miracle is mine from 10/18-10/26 of 2010! I am ready for my aft views and warm sunshine!

Chelle - come on over to the roll call forums and join us. We have a great roll call for this cruise

Archived