Jewelers in Ocho Rios??

shorbr

Trying to get hubby to buy a new ring for me. Are there approved places to shop in Ocho Rios for jewelry?

Thanks in advance.

In your port talk, you should be directed where to shop. In some ports the cruise lines own part of the jewelry store. As for location there is the Taj Mahal shopping center just a few minutes from the pier with pretty, shinny, expensive looking jewelry.

IMHO, personally, I would never buy good jewelry in Jamaica. :eek: Your best bargains and quality are in St Maartin or St Thomas. ;)

Yea, I know, but I want to get something nice, doesn't have to be expensive, but a nice wedding band with some diamond chips is what I am searching for.

In your port talk, you should be directed where to shop. In some ports the cruise lines own part of the jewelry store. As for location there is the Taj Mahal shopping center just a few minutes from the pier with pretty, shinny, expensive looking jewelry.

I have never heard of the cruise lines owning any part of jewelry stores. More likely the store is paying a fee to be part of the "approved" store list.

Bought my wife a tennis bracelet in Ocho Rios the other week. I agree St. Thomas and St. Maarten are the best places to buy jewelry but I don't think the islands have moved to the western caribbean at last check.;)

Bought my wife a tennis bracelet in Ocho Rios the other week. I agree St. Thomas and St. Maarten are the best places to buy jewelry but I don't think the islands have moved to the western caribbean at last check.;)

I thought so;)

I just won a $200 bet with DH on this post. Basically no matter what the question, the name Jamaica will trigger a negative response from some Americans:eek:......BINGO:D! The question has to be specific and clear cut.

OP- this is the area with many of the stores:

2797121180101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

I thought so;)

I just won a $200 bet with DH on this post. Basically no matter what the question, the name Jamaica will trigger a negative response from some Americans:eek:......BINGO:D! The question has to be specific and clear cut.

You are so right. We love Jamaica. Never had a problem there except a few people offering me some things. But you'll have that 5 miles from my house, too. Been there three times including a week at Sandals for our honeymoon.

You are so right. We love Jamaica. Never had a problem there except a few people offering me some things. But you'll have that 5 miles from my house, too. Been there three times including a week at Sandals for our honeymoon.

Too funny!

I am not defending Jamaica or even dismissing anyone's experience. I have got my own stories. For 20 years I have been telling DH there is a natural dislike among some of his countrymen for the place, as natural as the weed that grows there. It comes through no matter the question or discussion. My favorite post is still, Jamaica would be a beautiful place if not for the locals everywhere:D

I am $200 bucks richer;)

Iree Mon

Too funny!

I am not defending Jamaica or even dismissing anyone's experience. I have got my own stories. For 20 years I have been telling DH there is a natural dislike among some of his countrymen for the place, as natural as the weed that grows there. It comes through no matter the question or discussion. My favorite post is still, Jamaica would be a beautiful place if not for the locals everywhere:D

I am $200 bucks richer;)

Iree Mon

In none of the above posts did I read anything negative about Jamaica. As a matter of fact, I've been there many times since I was a small child. ;)

The question was regarding jewelry purchases. If I had a choice, my preference would still be St Maartin followed by St Thomas. This is no reflection on Jamaica or its countrymen.

I thought so;)

I have purchased jewelry from St. Thomas many times, just never in Jamaica...

You are absolutely correct...Jaimaica just brings out the "negative" in folk...lol

Jamaica (my favorite island) does bring out all the negative comments. I'm gonna get flamed for this but I think it is because of prejudice. I think many people are intimidate by all the people there. I think you get my drift.

I get it...

Archived