Booking a cruise at the port /same day departure

figliocan

Cruise lines have to submit a manifest 72 hours before departure to, I believe, Homeland Security. (Or some other national agency) No more booking the day of the cruise. I guess people used to hang out by the docks with their packed bags waiting to see if they could get a fabulous deal. Those days are long-gone.

Actually you CAN book the day of the cruise, I know people who have. You cant book at the port, you have to call the cruiselines and book thru them or a TA. Even my PVP at Carnival says she can book me that morning but its a little more work for her, but it can be done.

People continue to quote that 48 hours, or some say 72 hours, which has nothing to do with when you can book, the last manifest is submitted 60 minutes before the cruise leaves. Dont believe every rumor you read on CC. RCL Iv spoken with on a last minute booking and I was told Sat afternoon for a sunday cruise, because they cant do it on a sunday morning, just during the week.

It can be done last minute. You probably wouldnt be on the manifest, so a little bit extra bother checking in for instance. I had to check in and someone watch my luggage and then take it to the porter.

Cruise lines have to submit a manifest 72 hours before departure to, I believe, Homeland Security. (Or some other national agency) No more booking the day of the cruise. I guess people used to hang out by the docks with their packed bags waiting to see if they could get a fabulous deal. Those days are long-gone.

You cant book the morning of its a sunday, but you can during the week. You absolutely can... call your cruiseline yourself and check.

People keep posting this and some read it and they post well I read it so it must be true... its a bad rumor.

Archived