I made a stupid mistake during a recent 'planning frenzy'

Hi all! Just had to share this as a warning, lol!:p If you are a planaholic like myself, I know you understand the term 'planning frenzy'. You get online and find that specialty restaurants just opened up for booking? You book both at prime times and gloat in satisfaction, right?:D Start imagining yourself on your balcony with some champagne and strawberries? Head on over to Gifts and Gear and make it happen, right!?:D Yes, that is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Soooo, I had noticed a few weeks ago that they had just posted a bunch of new things to rent as bookable excursions for Cococay online. So within 3 minutes I had Cococay lockers, snorkeling equipment and a kayak rental (not an excursion, a do it yourself rental). Well, my self satisfaction faded today when I was printing everything out and noticed that my kayak rental is for 7:15 AM!:eek: So I called to inquire and also emailed and yes indeed, that's the correct time! And no, no other times are left, of course. I told them I didn't even think we tendered over til 8am, but they assured me that I'll get there in time - awesome:rolleyes:

Anyway, I was just talking to my bf and said 'you know what would be super romantic and active and just really really fun? - let's get a kayak first thing in the morning in Cococay and go out on the ocean!' I broke down and told him (after he said 'let's not') and he said let's keep it - at least we'll get an early workout!:)

Hello, my name is printingchick and I'm a planaholic. It's been seven hours since I booked my last excursion. However, I did spend my evening figuring out what to wear on each day of my cruise. My cruise is in March 2010.

It's a curse we learn to live with.

It's ok. I'm a planaholic also. I've already looked up hotels to stay in, excursions that would be interesting, and found that if we cruise out of Vancouver, it will be ALOT cheaper to fly into Seattle and take a train to Vancouver then flying directly. oh ya....Did I mention this is four our Alaska cruise in 2011...which we cant even book yet?? :D :eek:

Hello, my name is printingchick and I'm a planaholic. It's been seven hours since I booked my last excursion. However, I did spend my evening figuring out what to wear on each day of my cruise. My cruise is in March 2010.

This may be the funniest thing I have read on here in a long time! Probably because it hits so close to home. My cruise isn't until April 2010 and my daughter and I just went formal dress shopping yesterday. I need intervention!

Is this a meeting of planaholics? :D

Ok...here's my frenzied planning moment of late:

I'm so dumb sometimes....yesterday, I dropped a note to my snorkel charter reservation asking about the alternative docking in Crown Bay instead of Havensight for Oasis of the seas and where they would be picking us up.....he wrote back and said..."no problem because we are in St. Martin, not St. Thomas". OMG :o ooooops...LOL It was definitely a result of overplanning. LOL

I wrote back and said: <blush> "So sorry to bother you! I am confident you’ll just forget this little faux pas of mine…and neither of it will mention it again. ;) Looking forward to meeting you (in St. Martin!) in January."

We all have our moments luckyprincess. :p

hello Im a planaholic and proud! LOL you talk like its a bad thing. Just because my dw finds me on the computer daily researching our next 3 vacations well into 2011. The good thing is I know what she likes and fortunately we like most of the same things. We just did Alaska for 2 weeks in August with a dizzy aray of activities and it all went off without a hitch.

Oh yea, every cruise starts out with champagne and strawberries on the balcony for sail away. Ooops, I need to get those ordered for our cruise in April.

Lol - thanks for the support everyone! Maybe we should meet here every Thursday morning, lol:p

I'm glad so many of you know how I feel - I wanted to start packing some stuff yesterday and my bf stopped me!:)

I'm sure hoping the didn't mean I was going to be using the kayak to tender off the ship, lol, that would definetly be too much! I'm sure I'll be waving to the folks looking at us like we're crazy! Have a morning martini for me, okay;)

i love it.......thanks for the laugh.....

my name is michelle, and I'm also a planaholic. It has been 3 minutes since I last checked my flight and cruise prices.

I would love to start booking excursions and things now! I am a planner, and I would be in planning frenzy from now until cruise time if I could. Luckily, or annoyingly (depending on how you look at it), my DH keeps me under control. He won't make decisions until much much MUCH closer to the cruise. We have Lots of ideas, and we pretty much know what we want to do, but he makes me wait to actually book anything!

How planaholics can get messed up:

I went to Europe with my kids a few years ago and read a lot of books before one of which said to ask the airline for a kosher meal rather than whatever they usually give for breakfast on the long flight. BIG mistake. We got tins of scrambled egg that were supposed to be heated up but were served cold as well as a few other inedible items. Never could get the attendant to have it heated. Everyone else got a nice croissant and juice.

Never again! My kids were so mad at me.

Count me in..

I used to be a fly-by night guy.. drive with the camper, stop wherever.. until that tragic trip to the Black Hills of South Dakota during the Sturges Motorcycle Rally!! Ask the kids about that one, no rooms or campsites for hundreds of miles..

My wife, a very organized person, now worries about what she has created. Now I look on the web, get views of where where going, determine the time of the sun (I'm a photographer, so critical for the best shots) get restaurant menus.. the whole gig. The family now moans about the agenda, but afterward are impressed by how much we've done..

In fact she now swears that I'm planning the next trip before the current one is even over... sooo wrong.. I'm going on a cruise in December, and ALREADY planning the next for April... The December one is almost over already, and need time for the next.. :)

I am LOVING this thread. Hubby and I both suffer from what he calls ' A terminal case of the earlies'. LOL We both are planners and are over prepared. But it's really funny when other folks are like 'HEY! How did you know about ......?'. I didn't know what to do with myself until we booked our next cruise. Now I 'm researching and checking and studying everything. And our cruise at the end of May.

I have a packing list (basic starting spreadsheet) that I use. And yes, I have started putting things aside for our Alaskan cruise.

So, know this, we are the ones that have a clue! The rest will just have to wander around aimlessly while we know what we want and when to get it.

Erika

Don't freel bad about it, guys.

One of the secrets (shh, let's not tell the others....) of a great life is planning.

You know what you want and you (usually) get it. So you're 2 steps ahead of many people.

(I didn't plan to write in this thread, OK).

Maybe one of us should start a thread with the word "planaholic" (did someone just invent that word on here?) in the title & see what happens.

I too am a compulsive planner and married to a "last minute Charlie". For our end of March cruise, I already have hotel, transport, excursions and airfare booked. Packing lists are in the works and have already started pulling things aside in the guest room to pack (nite lite, water wallet etc). Hubby has said he will refuse to go if I keep talking with him about the cruise every other day. This is the worst for me since the kids don't know about it yet (a surprise for Christmas for them) and I have no one (but all you wonderful CC'ers) to share all my planning finds and woes with! Gotta LOVE this site!!!!:D

Too many family members and friends in my life are last-minute planners - I am not one of them! Due to working at a bank, I need to plot out my vacations like a year in advance, especially if timeshares thru parents or cruises. My family teases me about checking cruise critic, and both Royal Caribbean's and Celebrity's websites for discounts or cheap cruises on a daily basis, but they don't complain when I find awesome price drops or super cheap weekend cruises. Just goes to show that being a planaholic has its advantages! ;)

Many funny posts, and I can identify with every one.

It got me thinking, do you think cruising appeal to us planaholics? I never understand those who are turned off by the concept of cruising.

One of the things I love most about cruising is the ability to plan all of the details ahead of time so I can just sit back and relax when I get there!

And I thought I was wierd because I am already packed for my December trip>>>lol...I plan what I am going to wear each day too...and take pictures on my phone. Helps me remember accessories etc. (And I don't overpack:)

And I thought I was wierd because I am already packed for my December trip>>>lol...I plan what I am going to wear each day too...and take pictures on my phone. Helps me remember accessories etc. (And I don't overpack:)

I believe I Have you beat! My DH is rolling his eyes at the fact that I have a cruise box filled with things I don't want to forget for our August 2010 B2B cruise! I have over 275 days to go! I just cannot help myself!

I am so there with all you planaholics, as I too am one! :D

What my DH calls anal at times, i call being well prepared and confident. He may tease, but on our last cruise, WHO reaped the benefits of all that extra planning? Uh, huh! You guessed it - him! Never heard him or the kids say "this is so cool" so many times, thank you very much!

All my friends know it, too. For my other cruise, who do you think was put in charge of all the "little details?" Yep. Me again. They know me by now.

But, hey, I can roll with the unexpected as well. Case in point: on our Disney vacation a few years ago, one of the kids got sick the night before Sea World. Cancelled that, brought out my book of attractions, located a nice quiet beach, and spent a relaxing day just chilling.

Now I have to go refine my spreadsheet of clothes for our January cruise yet again . . . . :p

Don't freel bad about it, guys.

One of the secrets (shh, let's not tell the others....) of a great life is planning.

You know what you want and you (usually) get it. So you're 2 steps ahead of many people.

(I didn't plan to write in this thread, OK).

Maybe one of us should start a thread with the word "planaholic" (did someone just invent that word on here?) in the title & see what happens.

Lol - you are right - we know what we want and we know how to book it!:p Can't believe I actually coined a term - that's a first for me! Maybe all of us planaholics can share our secrets with each other on another thread - to feed the addiction, of course!:D

My bf says I'm like his best friend, girlfriend and personal assistant all in one! Can't help it - I plan all of our days, where we stay, what flight to take, the rental car, the excursions (of course we talk about these!:eek:) and dinner reservations - he tells me to just tell him what we're doing each day!

Archived