Tips

kimberlymae1423

Hi there. I'm a first time cruiser, and am trying to be very organized. I want to make sure I budget for everything. There are 2 of us traveling.

What are normal tips for the following things, and am I forgetting anything? (probably!)

Shuttle transportation from Ft. Lauderdale to the Port of Miami (SAS transportation)

Luggage loaders?

Cave tubing excursion in Belize?

Sting Ray tour and Island tour in Cayman Islands?

Cost of cab and tip in Isla Roatan to a local beach?

I believe all of tips for the ship are bundled together: dinner, room service, etc.

Assuming the SAS fare for the two of you is $30, a $5 tip should work.

Many people still tip baggage handlers $1 per bag, which was the standard for decades. I say times have changed and tip $2 per bag.

15 percent of total fare should cover just about any cab.

I agree with the previous poster, I've been tipping $2 per bag for a long time now. Also, don't forget, if you are flying, depending on what airline you are on, you will have to pay $15 for each bag you check. Whatever, you do don't pack for the 50lb. limit or that's another big chunk of money you'll have to pony up. I would also budget a little money for tipping on the cruise over the amount that is already part of your trip. You just might want to give someone special an extra tip. I usually do.

Hope you have a really great cruise!!!:D

About $5 for the shuttle driver--if he's available to tip! (Sometimes, they're not!)

Porters--$1-2 per bag--depending on size/weight.

Excursions---depend if you get MORE than you think you paid for...tips are NOT needed!

Cabs--15-20% of the cost is the norm.

Your tips on the ship cover your room attendant, waiter, ass't. waiter, and head waiter.

15% is added to every drink purchase...

Room service delivery folks--$1-5 depending on how much they have to carry.

Many people still tip baggage handlers $1 per bag, which was the standard for decades. I say times have changed and tip $2 per bag.

I know tips are subjective, but for me it still depends on what the porters do for me. If they spend their entire time reminding me to tip them for moving my bag 3 feet from the sidewalk into a collection bin, then IMO they are LUCKY to get $1 a bag.

Thanks for all of the advice.

We booked Air through SW, so we do not have to pay for our baggage to fly...but thanks for the reminder regarding the weight!

Is it really true about not tipping people during excursions? I thought you would have to tip the drivers.

Thanks for the advice about the porters. I was thinking if we had three bags, maybe give the person $5 dollars.

Thanks for the room service advice. We will be definitely take advantage of room service!

Archived