Experiences with E-docs

takemewithyou

Anyone had any recent experiences with E-docs???

We just received an e-mail from Azamara...supposed to click on a link and then it leads you to a download to Adobe Acrobat Reader....which I have. Couldn't get the download...blank screen. I use Internet Explorer as a browser.

My TA had already told me no one can ever open the link, so she prints everything out and sends it to her clients via snail mail. Not very convenient, if you ask me.

A friend mentioned to me that I should download Firefox and see if I could open the link using that browser and it worked. I am mentioning this in case it helps others.

Why doesn't Azamara improve this? Has anyone else had a similar experience? I understand that most cruise lines are going to E-docs, but at least make the link work!!

My TA requested paper docs, but Azamara said because we booked on a special rate, we couldn't have paper docs. I really miss having luggage tags, too...

I haven't had a problem downloading edocs so far - we've had them for the last 7 or 8 cruises. I just love them. No bulky folder to carry around, I can print them again if I lose them and I can just print out the useful bits.

Getting luggage tags at the pier is a piece of cake also, especially as there are only 650 or so passengers on an Azamara ship. We take a Sharpie so that we can help write out the tags, but usually the porter is very efficient.

Lisa

Anyone had any recent experiences with E-docs???

We just received an e-mail from Azamara...supposed to click on a link and then it leads you to a download to Adobe Acrobat Reader....which I have. Couldn't get the download...blank screen. I use Internet Explorer as a browser.

Are you clicking the link to the Acrobat reader or Azamara forms?

If Acrobat you will get a blank form

Are you clicking the link to the Acrobat reader or Azamara forms?

If Acrobat you will get a blank form

I was clicking on the link that Azamara provided to the cruise docs. Nothing happened with Internet Explorer. As I mentioned, I had to download Firefox and open it with that browser.

Thank you to the other poster who mentioned the luggage tags are plentiful at the pier. My TA also may be including some in the package she is mailing me.

never hada prob with edocs and think they great

no more piles of paper

also, we usually pick up some bag tags at the pier never a prob

Same here. Those bulky packets of paper docs end up in the trash. Glad that they are doing away with the needless destruction of so many trees.

Hope the OP's problem with edocs has been resolved. It would be helpful to find out what caused the problem as the info may be useful to someone else. We have been using edocs for several years now, with four different cruise lines, and so far have had no trouble with any of them.

As for the luggage tags, we no longer bother packing tags to bring along from home when it is so easy and convenient to get them at the pier. It is a matter of personal preference. We know some people even like to pack their own pillows to bring along from home.

Same here. Those bulky packets of paper docs end up in the trash. Glad that they are doing away with the needless destruction of so many trees.

Hope the OP's problem with edocs has been resolved. It would be helpful to find out what caused the problem as the info may be useful to someone else. We have been using edocs for several years now, with four different cruise lines, and so far have had no trouble with any of them.

As for the luggage tags, we no longer bother packing tags to bring along from home when it is so easy and convenient to get them at the pier. It is a matter of personal preference. We know some people even like to pack their own pillows to bring along from home.

OP here,,,,my TA mailed the docs to me, as well as paper tags. I will probably just get tags at the pier because these paper tags need to be reinforced with packing tape...not worth the time if tags are easy to get at pier.

Nothing has changed. I don't know what caused the problem. The link from Azamara could not be opened with Internet Explorer...had to be opened with Firefox. Perhaps it is my security program , but I'd rather have good security than be able to open their link. IMO, Azamara needs to work on making the link compatible to ALL their customers - whatever it takes. I don't need them to mail me docs (to cut down on paper waste) just make the link work for the customers.

Archived