Repositioning from Florida to Europe in April?

Orator

Thinking about the Equinox repositioning cruise in April. Price and ports seem fine. While there may not be "typical" weather, what might I expect? What do you see a sthe Pros and Cons? Thanks in advance for your replies.

We are on that cruise, and found the airfare to be very reasonable. Just shop around. Even Celebrity Air quoted us a price we sure considered. As far as the weather goes, this will be our fourth TA cruise in April, all the previous ones have been really good for weather and the seas have been quite calm. Last one in fact the Master announced that the seas for our crossing were the best he has ever seen.

Come and join us, and make sure you come to the roll call.

I concur re weather on Spring TA's.

Did my first TA this past spring and seriously doubt that I'll do anything but TA's for the next few cruises. Some of the more experienced cruisers on that trip said that Spring TA's tend to be calmer than Fall westbound crossings.

Celebrity's Choice Air for Rome-to-wherever seem to be very aggressive (i.e. affordable). We have availed ourselves of this service and have already been provided the flight #, air carrier, departure times etc for a flight out of Rome 3 days after docking, and for a price that was surprisingly good.

Happy Cruising,

Alan & Teresa

PS...photo of typical sea state from last spring incl

2009_0425IceJam090191.jpg.5ecf2f376de54882ac7c54a8df289ba8.jpg

I concur re weather on Spring TA's.

Did my first TA this past spring and seriously doubt that I'll do anything but TA's for the next few cruises. Some of the more experienced cruisers on that trip said that Spring TA's tend to be calmer than Fall westbound crossings.

Celebrity's Choice Air for Rome-to-wherever seem to be very aggressive (i.e. affordable). We have availed ourselves of this service and have already been provided the flight #, air carrier, departure times etc for a flight out of Rome 3 days after docking, and for a price that was surprisingly good.

Happy Cruising,

Alan & Teresa

PS...photo of typical sea state from last spring incl

Nice! I can't think of a better way to get to Rome! This has got to be in my future soon :D

One way international airfare is often pretty expensive... unless you know where to look :)

http://www.vayama.com is one source that specializes in one way international airfare. I was able to book a one way flight from Washington/Dulles to Rome for about $400 instead of $1300 that I was seeing on all the other websites.

Hope this helps!

We did the Solstice from Lauderdale to Rome last April. Never a bad day on the Atlantic. We had a balcony, but we found the weather just a tad cool to sit and eat. the Med was another story. Warm and wonderful every day.

My original search for air from Rome to Toronto was in the $2000 range. We have friends near London, so we flew Rome to London for $100. After a weekend visit, the London Toronto segment was about $400.

As airline prices nosedived earlier this year, Rome Toronto did drop by half before we left, but we had a better idea anytime.

Airfare around Europe is cheap these days, and there are good deals to be had from the major European hubs like London, Paris and Amsterdam to major North American gateways, so you might save enough on airfare to pay for a few days in Paris or Ansterdam etc.

Paul

Or, use the round trip air tickets and go both ways TransAtlantic on ships.

That's what we did for both Solstice TA's. Cost us $700pp R/T FCO to EWR in May and EWR to FCO in November. After I purchased, the price came down considerably, but that's the chance you take.

Archived