Some visible damage

DEIx15x8

I was looking at the official arrival photos and found some damage. It's looks like it was probably caused by the high waves crashing into the glass.

Official RCCL Finland departure photo:

attachment.php?attachmentid=138504&stc=1&d=1258133533

Official RCCL Florida arrival photo:

attachment.php?attachmentid=138503&stc=1&d=1258133494

Official RCCL Florida arrival photo (other side):

attachment.php?attachmentid=138505&stc=1&d=1258133682

If anyone else spots damage post some pictures. I can't seem to find the damage to the lifeboats that RCCL mentioned.

231489249_Screenshot2009-11-13at12_29_03PM.jpg.dce40a2be97891c10dadf42fc9bc3d81.jpg

217432644_Screenshot2009-11-13at12_28_52PM.jpg.0dc097a9ed3e24501d8cc66a6332354c.jpg

775373527_Screenshot2009-11-13at12_33_36PM.jpg.cf45193ce9cfb8e80df185a8ccd67fe6.jpg

The front of the first lifeboat (#2), on the port side, looks like it has some hull damage. Look at the shadow on the front of the hull, compared to #4 and #6. It looks like it was caved in a bit from the heavy seas. EDIT: Correction. I think that funky shadow is actually just a shadow from the water stream from the fire boat alongside the Oasis.

The link is to the high resolution photo

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/galleries/20/images/OasisAeriaL521.JPG

Low Res photo:

OasisAeriaL521.JPG

There is also significant paint loss on the bow and just aft of the bow thrusters near the water line. Never underestimate the scouring power of water!

Eric

. Never underestimate the scouring power of water!

Eric

Salt water at that.

I don't think the damage is anything to worry about, it may even be normal considering the bad weather Oasis had to go through to get here.

Back in 2003 we were waiting to go on Coral Princess. Her first sailing was supposed to be sometime in November 2002 but delays caused us to be the first sailing (January 2, 2003).

She left France on Christmas Day and encountered very bad weather on her way to Florida....she just made it on New Year's Day and we all wondered if we would, indeed, have a cruise since she had a Coast Guard inspection, etc. to go through.

Our stateroom was on the upper deck (12, I believe). The water must have been that high cause we had salt water stains on our carpeting going from the sliding door to about 2 feet into our stateroom. There was a lot of rust showing and the outside really looked like she had taken a beating!

No time to fix her up before the cruise, I guess Princess felt they had cancelled to many sailings, so off we went. Every port we docked at, they went to work sanding and painting, so when we returned to Florida Coral looked better than when we left. Salt water can really do damage to paint.

I recall a posting on another board with a picture of her at anchor in Grand Cayman before they started fixing her up and it was entitled "This is a new ship????"

. Never underestimate the scouring power of water!

Eric

Salt water at that.

I don't think the damage is anything to worry about, it may even be normal considering the bad weather Oasis had to go through to get here.

Back in 2003 we were waiting to go on Coral Princess. Her first sailing was supposed to be sometime in November 2002 but delays caused us to be the first sailing (January 2, 2003).

She left France on Christmas Day and encountered very bad weather on her way to Florida....she just made it on New Year's Day and we all wondered if we would, indeed, have a cruise since she had a Coast Guard inspection, etc. to go through.

Our stateroom was on the upper deck (12, I believe). The water must have been that high cause we had salt water stains on our carpeting going from the sliding door to about 2 feet into our stateroom. There was a lot of rust showing and the outside really looked like she had taken a beating!

No time to fix her up before the cruise, I guess Princess felt they had cancelled to many sailings, so off we went. Every port we docked at, they went to work sanding and painting, so when we returned to Florida Coral looked better than when we left. Salt water can really do damage to paint.

I recall a posting on another board with a picture of her at anchor in Grand Cayman before they started fixing her up and it was entitled "This is a new ship????"

Salt water damage is normal, but the missing glass panels are not. If you look closely at the pics posted, you will notice that some of the glass panels are missing.

Archived