Week after Christmas; any GREAT deals?

terri1020

I wonder if there will be good deals for this week as New Year's Eve is one of the most popular times to sail - hence prices are higher.

My suggestion is to just check the cruiseline websites and keep checking frequently. :)

As has been stated, you are probably not going to find something cheap right after Christmas because those cruises will almost all be NYE cruises which typically run 2x the price. Your best bet is to look at the cruises directly after New Years, which will be shorter ones based on your end date. You should probably go to a large travel site and make a list of the specific cruises that start after NYE and end before they need to be back ... then just check prices on those cruises often (and make sure you input zip code so that residency discounts may pop up).

Best pricing starts after the 1st. Then slowly begins to rise for the winter months. My daughter too wanted a break when she is off from teaching. Unfortunately as a teacher, she will always pay premium to travel. She's decided just to visit a cousin in Nola.

If they keep an eye on a couple of the large ships, they might be able to get something " left over" 2 or 3 weeks before cruising. Have them work with a cruise TA to bargain for them. If they have to fly anywhere tho, the savings in ship cost will be eaten up by last min. air.

We booked the Christmas-to-New Years cruise on Ecstasy our of Galveston for our family of 10. The total was between one-half and two-thirds what it was for the same cruise last year. Also, we booked a spring break cruise for 6 in two cabins and it wasn't too expensive. It seems like prices have come down in the last year or so.

My daughter and bf are looking for a great deal for anytime after Dec. 26 and they have to be back home by Jan. 6. Suggestions welcome. They are both in grad school and have a very limited budget.

Thanks, Terri

Christmas week is usually the highest price week of the year.

Wait until the week after New Years.....the prices are much, much lower.

Christmas week is usually the highest price week of the year.

Wait until the week after New Years.....the prices are much' date=' much lower.[/quote']

Actually New years week is the highest, Christmas is second highest-usually these weeks are 2 different cruises, unless the cruise is 8 days or more. But you are right-both weeks are expensive. I know because my daughter works in the school system, and we have tried to find something reasonable, in order to cruise with her.

To the OP-perhaps they could come down to FL, spend a few days at some of the theme parks and then board ship AFTER New years for a short cruise?

I know Jan 2 is a Sat. and you say they have to be back by Wednesday the 6th? Both Monarch of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas are doing 2 night specials on January 2nd. These are really cheap-anything else though,would not get them back in time I don't think-or else will be much higher in cost because of New years Eve.

Now if you are considering the December 2010 season, I did find two shorter cruises that are not as expensive as usual, simply becuase the timing is "right." Crown Princess on Dec. 18. 2010-is doing a 5 day, Grand Turk and Princess Cay, it is 2 ports and 2 days less than the Crown's normal Caribbean ports-but it is about the same price as the 7 day is on Dec. 11. The cruise, after on Dec. 23rd, is 3 times the price of December 11th.

The other is Radiance of the Seas on December 20th, 2010. It is a 4 day, so they would debark Christmas Eve. It only goes to Cozumel. The following cruise is super expensive, just like the Crown Princess.

I agree with you MomofMeg. I have been researching for next December and prices are more for the New Year's holiday and have been for many years. the only deals will be the ones that do not encompass the holidays. You can do a 4 or 5 day fairly cheaply and there are many of those. That would be my suggestion! :)

Archived