watches

beaumontbhoy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
looking to buy a good quality watch raymond weil or one like that is st martin the place to buy it compared to the states?

Try Diamonds International Watch store in most ports. I bought my RW there several years ago. Can also find online at watchmaxx.com

I would be wary after purchasing items on our last trip. Many manufacturers will not honor warranty if you don't buy from an authorized dealer. I would likely never shop DI again after poor after pruchase support I received. Best bet is do your research beforehand to be prepared to recognize a bargain and be concious there are fakes out there.

I've found shopping on the net you can typically get similar pricing to duty free.

looking to buy a good quality watch raymond weil or one like that is st martin the place to buy it compared to the states?

My family and I have purchased watches in St. Marteen. It was back in 2001 and we were on the Disney cruise ship. They did give us a guide on which shops were authorized dealers for which brand of watches. We purchased some movado and TAG Huer watches back then.. We really did get a really good deal, but it did take a lot of bargaining. We left the same shop 2 times before we purchased. To this day all those watches are still ticking. If I can remember correctly we purchased from Carat. I will be back this summer and will be looking for a new watch.

We were in Grand Cayman, and Cozumel last week. I was interested in a TAG/Heuer watch and had priced them at local jewelers before we sailed. The stores I visited in the islands all told me a US retail price that was $150-$200 higher than I found here. Then they discounted off that. Their discount was the same or less than what the local jewelry store were offering. The only benefit was, I'd have saved on sales tax.

I'f I hadn't done my homework before leaving, their deals would have sounded great. I'll be buying the watch here at home in a week or so!

We were in Grand Cayman, and Cozumel last week. I was interested in a TAG/Heuer watch and had priced them at local jewelers before we sailed. The stores I visited in the islands all told me a US retail price that was $150-$200 higher than I found here. Then they discounted off that. Their discount was the same or less than what the local jewelry store were offering. The only benefit was, I'd have saved on sales tax.

I'f I hadn't done my homework before leaving, their deals would have sounded great. I'll be buying the watch here at home in a week or so!

You are right, I have been both to Cozumel and Grand Caymen and prices are not that good.. I have also been to St. Marteen and have purchased watches their. I have done my homework and priced in US.. St. Marteen is priced very well and you just have to negotiate price..As others have said don't be afraid to leave the store if you don't get your price. Come back later and you will get your price.

looking to buy a good quality watch raymond weil or one like that is St Martin the place to buy it compared to the states?

My wife bought a Raymond Weil watch several years ago in St. Martin. Beat any price in St. Thomas and saved at least $300 over NYC best prices. Do your homework, shop Front street and haggle, haggle, haggle. They will discount heavily. If you are buying watches this island is the place to but. Also for liquor, prices beat Sty. Thomas.

Was there in November, and we'll be back there next month. I hope my wife is not shopping for another watch.

Not sure about Raymond Weil, but you can get a great deal for Hublot watches in the Hublot showroom at the end of Front Street. Ask for Sanjay, the owner.

You definitely have to do your homework before buying. I was looking at a Canon G11 camera on my Caribbean trip. The cheapest price I found was $30 more than my local store and considerably more than I can get it at a reputable place in the internet.

I assume that the same thing can happen with watches.

DON

are not available discounted on the internet. Best bet is to talk w/ your local jeweler and mention you are going to St. Martin and might buy yourself a (Rolex, Tag, etc) while there. He probably will offer a better price or offer to match what you find. Even if it's against the rules of his franchise. There's a lot of profit when a $5000+ watch is in play.

Archived