Sneak Booze ?

gigman

I'm not sailing on ROS until Jan 2, but have had several friends that have sailed this past month. RCCL is screening bags and is checking closely for alcohol.

If you have alcohol in your bags, they'll keep it on deck 2 and eventually - after realizing your bag is not going to be delivered to your room - the room steward tells you about the location on deck 2 where you can go claim your bag.

When my friends went down there, there were dozens of bags down there along with cases of beer and bottles of wine and liquor. They ask you to claim your bag, then ask you to remove the alcohol which they hold for you. They do not go into your bag to retrieve it; only "flag" the bag and wait for you to come and claim it where they allow you to remove it.

Just an FYI.

i am definitely sneaking booze on board. when i was 19 i went on my first cruise in the med and snuck a couple bottles of vodka on board successfully. just put them in the suitcase. i plan on doing the same thing and having the same results. good luck to the rest of the smugglers!

Good on you!!!!! Hahahhaaha im sure if you get sent to the "naughty room" there will be lots of nice people there with you to talk to LOL.

Yeah i will definitely take it on P&O , its just i have never been on the Rhapsody before and im reading that they are really strict now :(

Thats my biggest fear..or i should say my ONLY fear. You read in their guidelines and it says taking alcohol onboard can result in your tickets being cancelled.

lol i was so nervous when my suitcase was the last to arrive ( and the only one with a rr) but it came and all was well with the world! haha. the best part of it was i barely even drank a quarter of it:rolleyes:

All you smugglers know you are breaking the rules and all the justification in the Federation does not change the fact that you are breaking the rules.

Mr. Spock says call a spade a spade and a smuggler is a rule breaker and you could have a sea pass card with $ 100,000. of liquor and beer charges on it and it would not matter.

And all of you who use the word "commie" and other related words should book a flight to Cuba or one of the other "commie" countries and see what would happen to you when you post messages that go against the norm.

BUGGER LOL

Can you find out if any that was found was in rumrunner flasks?

I was going to order some this week but no point if RCCI is on to us .

Nope...was not in rumrunner flasks. Just bottles of wine and liquor that were "flagged".

Also, in regards to getting kicked off...that was never a consequence. My friends said the staff was very professional and just asked for you to remove the alcohol and to enjoy your cruise; they were not judging/scolding you.

Ever thought of a decoy, maybe small bottle given up while keeping Rumrunners etc. concealed? :rolleyes:

I had to pickup my bag at security last spring break because of a leatherman type tool.

No cruise staff looked in or asked to look in my bag I was asked what I thought might be in my bag. I showed them the tool and was told those are OK you can keep it. No judging scolding or even checking in my bag.

They were filling many large carts with Booze of all kinds.

Fixed blade knives (mostly dive knives), hairdryers and irons were also being held.

Im considering sneaking a 20litre keg of beer on board ,do any of the smugglers have any sugestion how?

Do you have access to children's clothes? Sunglasses, a baseball cap, maybe some Mr. Potato Head eyes and ears?

Im considering sneaking a 20litre keg of beer on board ,do any of the smugglers have any sugestion how?

Paint it green and then add the words "Listerine" to the outside. Munch on a whole bunch of garlic before you get on the cruise. Breath on them and say that you have "issues."

There is a group of 4 of us booked on a cruise in the fall. We have been throwing around ideas on how to "smuggle" on booze. (We are each taking $200 that we plan to use for bar money on our 13 day cruise, so they will still get $800 from us).

Has anyone ever tried water bottles filled with vodka (or white rum) and then replacing the plastic cap with a NEW sealed cap? (The kind used for bottling home made beer in plastic containers). My hubby has a ton of these kicking around from when he used to make his own beer for a hobby. They seem to fit water bottles well, and are only a couple dollars for a whole bag of them.

We are going to take 1 rum runner each, but are looking for other ideas as well.

Just took 3 liters of boxed wine on to Monarch. Just took it out of box, put the bag in a ziploc, and put it in checked luggage. No problem -everything was delivered intact. Suite attendant didn't say a word when we took out the bottled water and put the bag of wine in the minibar.

They can tell water from vodka by shaking the bottle. One produces "bubbles" the other doesn't.

Best is to invest in rum runner flasks. To date, I have only heard of one instance on here that they were busted when in packed luggage. Couldn't find out if they were looking for something else and found them or they caught them on the x-ray. Anyway, that is probably one in 1,000 that got nailed.

Tucker in Texas

Try this with unopened water bottles,pierce the bottom of the bottle to let the water out,fill the bottle with white rum or vodka( a vets hypodermic works well)dab some clear silicone bathtup caulking on the bottom to seal ,let dry.

Bottles seals are unopened and cannot be detected.

Im not sure about other cruise lines but we use water bottles on P&O all the time and never a problem. From reading this thread and talking to others though, RCCI isn't so easy with the water bottles lol and definitely as a carry on. I am buying the suggested rum runners for our RCCI cruise later next year.

Try this with unopened water bottles,pierce the bottom of the bottle to let the water out,fill the bottle with white rum or vodka( a vets hypodermic works well)dab some clear silicone bathtup caulking on the bottom to seal ,let dry.

Bottles seals are unopened and cannot be detected.

You're kidding? All this effort for a bottle of booze?

Archived