Oscar Brown Tour Questions

sissford

There is a group of us going on the Coral Princess in April (April 7 cruise) and I am considering booking a tour with Oscar Brown. I have a couple of questions about his tour and othe things (we are considering the Canal tour, not zip lining).

1. Are there physical limitations with the tour. We have a 95-year old who doesn't get around very well. She isn't in a wheel chair, but doesn't move very quickly (although I hope I am doing as well at her age). Another person in our party has a bad knee that doesn't bend very well.

2. Did anyone have lunch in Costa Rica during the tour. It would be interesting to try some local food, but am a little leary of doing it on our own.

Thanks for all the info on these boards. It is a daily stop for us leading up to our cruises.

Let Oscar know of the limitations of your guests, so he can have a step stool available to assist their entry and exit from his van.

He will most likely take you to "Restaurante Elfaro" a nice place at the top of the highest hill overlooking the port where your ship will be docked. Inexpensive, great local food here, and the views and photo op's are fantastic.

I can answer part of your questions. He will have a sign with your name on it and his name. He will be waiting at the end of the pier when your ship arrives. Let him know what time your ship will arrive and be sure to tell him which ship you will be on.

We were off the ship at 8;00 ship time (7;00 Costa Rica time) and ready to go. However, Oscar was waiting for others who were told to get off at 8:00 Costa Rica time. We were upset to find out that he booked 11 more people to go with our group of 16. He ended up getting another van and driver for those people. What do you plan to do with Oscar? If you let him know about the 95 year old, he can custom a trip for you. There is a wonderful place that he takes people to eat, where you can look over the harbor and town. I am sure he will take you there. He is great! We were just a little upset over the booking.

Hi. I am also on the April 7th Coral Princess Cruise. We have a thread going on the Roll Call Board for Princess - you should join us there and meet our group. It's a small group, about 13 or so.

I was considering Oscar also. I have emailed him twice in the last 3 weeks and have received no response. I think that my group has decided to do the Princess "Costa Rica Favorites" in Limon.

If you want to be successful booking with Oscar, perhaps you need to call him.

Anyway, good luck and hope to see you join our roll call!

I had better luck calling Oscar. If he isn't available, I have the name of another person, although I did not go with him personally. He is Manuel Bebe

e-mail manuelbebe2000@yahoo.es. His webpage is http://www.geocities.com/manuelbebe2000/bebe.html

I would try Oscar first, though and would try calling him. I just purchased a calling card at the market and it did not cost much.

Archived