What is this thing!????

Thameth

It's an onboard crane that will be used to replace the foliage in Central Park as needed.

Ernie

How do you know for sure? if it was, then why did they need that HUGE crane at the port?

BTW, I'm highly jealous of your crusing schedule :D

How do you know for sure? if it was, then why did they need that HUGE crane at the port?

BTW, I'm highly jealous of your crusing schedule :D

IMO, the crane at the port was brought in because of the huge amount of foliage that has to be installed for the first time. Once this install is finished the crane at the port will be gone leaving only the ship's small crane for future installations.

IMO, the crane at the port was brought in because of the huge amount of foliage that has to be installed for the first time. Once this install is finished the crane at the port will be gone leaving only the ship's small crane for future installations.

Kinda makes sense, just don't see where they would need it very often unless they plan to swap tree's very often.

Exactly.

In regards to how I know, it was verified months ago by a source that works for the shipyard that built Oasis.

Ernie

I bet that may have been the anchoring for the small aerostat they planned on having and nixed after sea trials!:cool:

Nope, the aerostat had a dedicated platform father aft on the ship, above the miniature golf course. The entire platform was removed when the aerostat idea was nixed.

Ernie

Archived