Connecting iPhone/iPod to Suite Stereo?

Booked in a GS on Liberty of the Seas. We own an iPhone stereo dock and would prefer not to bring it with us if we can take advantage of the stereo system in the suite, which I hear is Bose. Can anyone advise on the connector we would need to take advantage of the stereo system with our iPhone music selection?

I did a search and found posts about linking iPods to the tv and a recommendation to bring a foldable stereo dock, neither of which are the same question, so I hope you don't mind that I started a new thread for this discussion. Thank you!

Bumping this thread one final time in case someone sees it and knows the answer... pretty specialized information, I know!

Yes....you can connect an I-Phone or I-Pod to the Bose stereo in your suite.....you will need a cable that goes from a mini plug(I-Pod side) to a pair of RCA jacks(Bose side)....you can easily purchase one of these from Radio Shack or I even got one at Targets in the audio section.

Beware, if you have the first generation iPhone, that cable won't work (won't fit into the headphone jack on the phone). There are similar adapters that plug into the data port on the phone though.

We have second generation iPhones from summer '08. We'll try the cable in the phone first to be certain; my partner thinks we have one of those cables at home already. Thanks for the tip.

We have second generation iPhones from summer '08. We'll try the cable in the phone first to be certain; my partner thinks we have one of those cables at home already. Thanks for the tip.

If the cable doesn't fit into the I-Phone, which it should on second generation....then you can buy an adapter to make it fit for first generation....also available at T:)arget

• 4 months later...

Do you know...if I already have a docking station attachment for my iPod & Bose, can I just bring it? Will I be able to use it rather than buying an additional connector cable? Or would we be better off just to buy the cable?:confused:

Archived