Just booked the Fantasy before she leaves

Gulf Breezer

We live near Pensacola a mere 45 minutes away from the Port of Mobile. I could not resist, so I just booked the Fantasy for April 29, 2010. I wanted to sail on her before she leaves for Charleston. Let me know if you have been on her before and what you think about the ship in general. Thanks! Now I have to work on my countdown clock.

The old girl is showing her age in some areas, but looks great in others.

As you know, the Mobile area is prone to heavy fog. We were delayed returning to port after we were delayed a day with IDA!

Embarkation is a nightmare!!! GET THERE WAY EARLY!!!! disembarkation was markedly better.

If you can manage a stay at the Marriot Rennaisance the night before, they have a package "Stay, cruise and Park". It was like $150 after taxes, but the car is in a secure garage, and the hotel will shuttle you back and forth. You could pay that much to park at the pier, and it is not as secure. And the Hotel is gorgeous!

We loved the Fantasy, and wouldn't hesitate to sail her again. Actually enjoyed her more than Miracle! Easy to navigate, cozy, well-maintained (only thing we noticed were some elevator deck displays burned out and hard to see cause they were dark) nice crew. Loved New Orleans - spent 4 days there pre-cruise, as we had never been there. Stayed at Drury Inn - great deal, with parking, which we didn't use. (I think they charge $15 for the first night, then free the rest of cruise) No shuttle to port, but it was a $10 taxi ride for the 4 of us. Loved cruising down the Mississippi- way cool! We had no problem with embarkation, but our debark had long lines going thru customs. We were in no rush to get to airport, so hung out onboard for a while. Loved waterworks and serenity area! I would sail her again in a minute out of NOLA!

We live near Pensacola a mere 45 minutes away from the Port of Mobile. I could not resist, so I just booked the Fantasy for April 29, 2010. I wanted to sail on her before she leaves for Charleston. Let me know if you have been on her before and what you think about the ship in general. Thanks! Now I have to work on my countdown clock.

I just posted (my post below) in another Fantasy query thread...saw yours, so I just copied and pasted what I posted to another thread!

I love the Fantasy...three cruises aboard her. Older ship, but it was always kept very clean and in good repair!

Note, there are no refridgerators in regular cabins. You may want to bring a small cooler if you keep soft drinks or water in your cabin.

Not to miss:

• Love the nightly sushi offering
  • Cats Lounge is fun with the feline-inspired decor
  • Don't forget to get your nightly dose of karaoke
  • Fun to go get pizza after a night of partying at the Electricity disco!
  • If Big Tex is still the Cruise Director, I thought he was funny! Corny yes, but funny!:D

Enjoy the Fantasy! :)

Archived