2011 Itineraries

Zimmy

Jim

We sailed towards the end of the Mexican season. Seems it had been difficult dealing with the Mexican authorities. The Splash was cancelled because they stopped food leaving the ship. Lots of bugs I seem to remember, didn't allow for much outside time either. The weather had apparently been bad all season, and we spent three days in Cozumel because the ship could never anchor where we were meant to be. Three minutes beside the mega ships in Cozumel is enough for me. Another day and a half was dockside in Peurto Morales.....

However, who should complain about a week with Sea Dream anywhere/anytime?

I had heard about the Mexican Govt. issues. I used to work in Mexico a hundred years ago and, if you missed being "nice" to the wrong bureaucrat, things just did not go your way. A shame, SD brings lots of $ wherever it goes. The weather, on the other hand, is not very flexible. I agree about a week on SD. I don't care if they pick us up in Pensacola and just steam circles for a week. Just as long as we are on board.:D

We would love to meet you and Lois. We may be booking it when we are on the New Year's cruise. Some of these ports appear to be the type of places that are visited on a barge trip. We've been on a barge trip, and loved it, but Seadream would be better. Do you know if these trips are on I or II, and does it make a difference? We have been on I twice, and will be again next month, but have never sailed on II.

It appears to be just SeaDream I sailing the new itineraries. However, it doesn't make a difference because they're identical.

Zimmy:

The more I look into it, the better I like the Amsterdam voyage. Have some SeaDream friends from the Mexican trip that live in Rotterdam who have invited us to stay with them in the past. Might mooch a room. Have only seen the Normandy coast from Cherbourg so this would cover a lot of new ground. I always like planning the next SD cruise. Must have a plan.:D

My travel agent phoned me yesterday regarding the documents for our New Year's cruise, and I mentioned to her that we were interested in this back to back. She contacted Seadream to see whether we could book now and then apply our 15% on board discount when we sailed next month (she does this with other lines as a matter of course). Seadream said no - if we booked now, there would be a rebooking fee next month. She told Seadream that she felt that was sort of unreasonable for passengers booking two cruises 1 1/2 years in advance, especially when compared to the policies of Seabourn, Silversea, etc. In addition, the price in the computer for the second cruise went up $100 from the price stated on the email the day before. I certainly know that Seadream's prices go up and down, but this is 1 day after we received an email for a cruise that is not yet on the website. They also informed our agent that the prices next month, should we book on board, will probably be higher still. By the way, the discount on the back to back is 10% of the cost of the second cruise only, with the cost of the second cruise net of the 15% onboard booking discount. I love Seadream, I really do love being on board, but right now I feel a bit jerked around. We are not going to book now, and then pay a rebooking fee next month. We are going to see what it is when we are onboard next month, and at that time decide whether it is worth it. As attractive as these cruises are, there are a lot of attractive cruises for 20k. Am I right? Am I wrong to think the way I'm thinking? I'm interest in what other Seadream cruisers think of this scenario.

My travel agent phoned me yesterday regarding the documents for our New Year's cruise, and I mentioned to her that we were interested in this back to back. She contacted Seadream to see whether we could book now and then apply our 15% on board discount when we sailed next month (she does this with other lines as a matter of course). Seadream said no - if we booked now, there would be a rebooking fee next month. She told Seadream that she felt that was sort of unreasonable for passengers booking two cruises 1 1/2 years in advance, especially when compared to the policies of Seabourn, Silversea, etc. In addition, the price in the computer for the second cruise went up $100 from the price stated on the email the day before. I certainly know that Seadream's prices go up and down, but this is 1 day after we received an email for a cruise that is not yet on the website. They also informed our agent that the prices next month, should we book on board, will probably be higher still. By the way, the discount on the back to back is 10% of the cost of the second cruise only, with the cost of the second cruise net of the 15% onboard booking discount. I love Seadream, I really do love being on board, but right now I feel a bit jerked around. We are not going to book now, and then pay a rebooking fee next month. We are going to see what it is when we are onboard next month, and at that time decide whether it is worth it. As attractive as these cruises are, there are a lot of attractive cruises for 20k. Am I right? Am I wrong to think the way I'm thinking? I'm interest in what other Seadream cruisers think of this scenario.

I think I would feel the same way. Lots can happen in a year and a half. No discounts-No sale. At least not this far out. Will keep an eye on it (as well as the competitions offers),

Hello Zimmy,

I am sure that if I were in your shoes, I would feel exactly the same way. I had a long talk with Miami recently, and what they told me "may" shed some light on the policy.

I was told that the commission (even though there is a discount to the passenger) when booking onboard goes 100% to the crew on the voyage which one is presently on. Upon reflection, this makes sense to me, because, you are presumably moved to book a future voyage, which you have not been moved to book as of yet, because of the wonderful service and treatment on your present voyage. Still, I see what you are saying about booking so far in advance, that there should be some room for negotiation.

Archived