?????????Armbands????????????

tasha78

Hi, I am an experienced cruiser, but in 4/10, I will b sailing with my DH and DS, first family cruise, my question is, my son will b 21 months old at the time of the cruise, and he can't be in camp carnival, does he still get a armband, simply because he is a child????????????????

No---no wristband for your child if they are not of club-age. The sole purpose of the wristband is to ensure that the child makes it to the appropriate muster station while separate from you (while in club).

Some cruise lines only make the child wear the wristband while in the club, and have them take it off when they leave.

CeleBrat

Hi, I am an experienced cruiser, but in 4/10, I will b sailing with my DH and DS, first family cruise, my question is, my son will b 21 months old at the time of the cruise, and he can't be in camp carnival, does he still get a armband, simply because he is a child????????????????

I believe that you mean the muster station armbands. It is my understanding that ALL children under 12 must wear these. I cruised Carnival with my son three times when he was under two. He was always required to wear one. Sometimes they let us put it on his ankle and sometimes they made us put it on his wrist. They give them to you during the muster drill.

I believe that you mean the muster station armbands. It is my understanding that ALL children under 12 must wear these. I cruised Carnival with my son three times when he was under two. He was always required to wear one. Sometimes they let us put it on his ankle and sometimes they made us put it on his wrist. They give them to you during the muster drill.

Good for Carnival!

I agree. I thought it was ALL children too. Because it isn't a camp bracelet, it's a muster station braclet.

I agree. I thought it was ALL children too. Because it isn't a camp bracelet, it's a muster station braclet.

Thanks so much for agreeing with me about the required muster station bracelet/braclet/wristband for kids under 12 for the duration of the cruise! God forbid a parent would take them off (cutesy pix, kid doesn't like it...) and use a Sharpie (of all things) to write cabin/muster info. on a kid's ankle!

Again--it seems to depend on the cruise line. I just sailed NCL with my DS (just he and I) and because he didn't go to the Kids Club at all, he never had a bracelet. He and I "hung out" the whole 3-days of the cruise, for a little Mom/son bonding time.

There is another cruise line (Costa...or MSC, can't remember) where they take the wristbands OFF the kids when they exit the clubs.

When your child is with you, the expectation is that you know where the muster station is. When he/she is separated from you (at club) there needs to be a way for the staff to be able to reunite them with you. That is the only reason for the wristband.

If there were a situation where the "abandon ship" call had to be made, everyone would have a spot on a lifeboat. The wristband just helps ensure that your child gets reunited with you. Wristband or not, the child will be placed on a lifeboat.

Bottom line--unless your child actually steps foot into a kids club, you won't be stopped and told you HAVE to have a wristband.

Although---for us it really doesn't matter. Like a previous poster said, our kids also actually enjoy wearing/collecting the wristbands from their various cruises.

CeleBrat

if you're talking about the arm bands all the kids wear, its the muster station location and i saw babies wearing them on thier ankles... so yes... even if he can't be in camp carnival he will get one.

I don't know from experience at all, but in my personal opinion, it would be a safe thing for any child under say 10 or 12 to have a bracelet in case they were for some reason separated from their parent. Kids are kids, and kids like to wander off, even if you are watching them like a hawk. Hawks have to blink, and kids can be FAST. [i know that one from experience, about ten years worth of babysitting and daycare jobs.] The bracelet might just help in locating the parent if the child were to be lost. I'm just saying. :)

Archived