Incredible Coincidence - Fellow CC'ers spotted when you least expect it!

NCMtnBoys

I just had to share what happened at lunch today, I'm still blown away.

I live in the mountains of North Carolina and on Monday afternoon of this week traveled down to Raleigh (3.5 hours from my home) for some training Tues, Wed and Thurs of this week. Went to a place for lunch that I don't have near my home but I like (Chipotle). I had just finished my lunch when I saw a lady stand up from her table to leave. I thought to myself 'man, she looks really familiar'. The more I looked at her the more I realized it WAS someone I knew from CC and had sailed with on Liberty of the Seas in Sept, 2008. The real kicker is, she doesn't even live here in North Carolina, she lives in New Mexico! I approached her and called out her name, and she turned around. She remembered me too and we chatted for a moment. She had been in Raleigh for a meeting and was on her way to the airport to fly home and had stopped in for a bite to eat. It's probably been six months since I've had any conversation with her on CC.

So keep your eyes open EVERYWHERE, you never know who you'll run into!

It must be something about NC. One summer we were in the mountains of Western NC, walked into a restaurant and there was another little girl in there from my daughter's class at school. We lived in Miami FL at the time.

And then there was the time my husband ran into our neighbor from FL in the airport in Seattle. He was visiting our son in college. She was there on business.

It's a small world.

Gina

We were on the Celebrity Equinox Maiden Voyage and had dinner each evening with a lovely couple who lived on the South Coast of England. They promised to e-mail photos etc. but lost our e-mail address. Celebrity wouldn't give them any info. We came out of the lift on the first day of our Indie cruise last week and bumped straight into them. They invited us to their table and we had a wonderful time. We now e-mail daily.

This has happened to us before. I guess if you cruise enough, you meet some of the same people again. Our dinner table partners on one AOS cruise were in the airport in San Juan the next year - they were doing a Princess cruise, but the same usual time of year that we do. They are fellow Texans, but live miles away in Dallas.

Sometimes we have had fellow CC members follow our Roll Call and decide to do our cruise, too. That is cool, because we usually book the same excursions, etc. Besides having a previous connection to CC, they like the same things that we like - Perfect!

This isn't cruise related, but a coincidence just the same. We left my home State of Rhode Island many moons ago & resided in So Calif. Several years back we joined an RV Club and Riding stables in our home city. One of the members who also joined, the husband was also born in Rhode Island and his wife's family was from the same community of New Brunswick Canada where my mothers family lived.

It must be something about NC.

It's a small world.

Gina

I had to laugh when I read your post! I'm a native North Carolinian (family goes waaaaayyyy back LOL) - my father has always said that you could take anyone from NC, put them anywhere in the world and they'd end up knowing someone or being related to someone! Growing up, we lived in several different countries and my mother always ended up running into someone she knew. Weird :D

I had to laugh when I read your post! I'm a native North Carolinian (family goes waaaaayyyy back LOL) - my father has always said that you could take anyone from NC, put them anywhere in the world and they'd end up knowing someone or being related to someone! Growing up, we lived in several different countries and my mother always ended up running into someone she knew. Weird :D

Ya'll know each other by your last names, right? I think there are only 2 or 3 of them in the whole state. LOL :eek: ;)

Gina

Hey , I'm from Western NC too. Maybe I will run into y'all one day too.

My mom jumped on a cable car in San Francisco and lost her balance and her doctor from here in NC caught her. If he had only been with a woman other than his wife she would have had free medical care for life.

speaking of cruising and running into people. Nothing like running into the Boss that just fired your husband, (and it was an ugly divorce) and realizing you will all be on the same ship together for week! :eek:

The best part was that there plane was delayed, with the ship waiting for them and then there luggage never showed up from the airline. They had to wear "Carnival" logo wear from the gift shop all week..:D Oh..... it was sweet. Couldn't have happened to a better person...;)

Hey , I'm from Western NC too. Maybe I will run into y'all one day too.

My mom jumped on a cable car in San Francisco and lost her balance and her doctor from here in NC caught her. If he had only been with a woman other than his wife she would have had free medical care for life.

Is your last name Crisp, Orr or the other one I can't remember at the moment? :D :eek:

Gina

13yranncruise - Just curious...where in TN do you live? We are near the NC border in the TRI.;)

We ran into a couple on Freedom that we met on the Mariner several years ago. I met some people while skiing that were good friends with another friend of mine I met on the Adventure. I met my ex-boyfriend when my family and his were in the suite departure lounge on Navigator - he and his sister went to high school with my cousin that was with us.

I ran into a classmate in London, England - we were on the same flight coming home. Have run into sorority sisters in Tennesee and friends in Amsterdam. One time I bumped into someone in Russia that I worked with in Sturgis, SD! Life is TOO weird.

13yranncruise - Just curious...where in TN do you live? We are near the NC border in the TRI.;)

We live in VA about 1 hr from the TRI. We met some folks from Elizabethton in 2007 on Enchantment. Really nice people.

This isn't cruise related, but a coincidence just the same. We left my home State of Rhode Island many moons ago & resided in So Calif. Several years back we joined an RV Club and Riding stables in our home city. One of the members who also joined, the husband was also born in Rhode Island and his wife's family was from the same community of New Brunswick Canada where my mothers family lived.

Considering how small RI is, that really is something. We don't have 6 degrees of seperation in RI, we only get 4. :)

Great stories...I love reading things like this happening. I unexpectedly bumped into my son in Disney World once. Long story, but it was so nice to see him!

On our Enchantment cruise our friends saw someone they thought they recognized in the belly flop contest. Turns out it was their neighbor from 3 doors down and neither knew the other would be on that cruise. Very small world.

Not cruise-related, but I have two similar stories.

I grew up in Rochester, NY, but moved to Fairfax, VA for college and then stayed here to work since then. One holiday (not sure if it was Thanksgiving or Christmas) I was driving back from my parents house, and stopped at a Wendys outside Harrisburg, PA. Turns out my cousin's girlfriend (at the time) lived in the area, and was eating in the same Wendys that I'd randomly pulled over into.

Freshman year of college, I went to IHOP on a weekend morning for breakfast with friends. I ran into a guy I'd worked with in high school back in Rochester- it turns out he'd moved down here for a job after he'd finished grad school.

I ran into my uncle and aunt in Charleston , SC while on a visit. They were eating an ice cream cone out on a sidewalk bench. I am from TN, and they are from NC. :D

On another note, my cousin (daughter of the above couple) met a "nice" boy at the beach, when she was in high school. The boy was from my hometown, so my uncle called to find out if my family knew him. I sure did! He was my current (at that time) boyfriend. :mad: Turns out he had fed my cousin and her family some tall tales about his life, and needless to say, that was the end of our relationship...thank goodness. ;)

Not cruise related, just one of those stories...

DH and I were in Missouri for our son's wedding. They had a pre-wedding get-together at a small B&B. DH and I were standing outside, and a couple who were vacationing at the B&B were sitting outside having some cocktails. They're from Maine. We're in Miami. We chatted for a bit, and found out that DH and the gentleman have talked on the phone numerous times as the fellow is the engineer for the supplier on one of DH's projects! Really small world!! They'd never met before!

M

Archived