Oasis cabin information-FOLLOW FORMAT PLEASE - No Questions/Discussion

kk99

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9198

Class – D1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Front Hump Middle

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– good view forward and aft

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Larger than others due to location on hump

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? no

Any other comments?

After studying the pictures in my earlier posted link, I THINK I may have figured out the bed configuration. Apparently for each 2 rooms, the outside walls are straight, but the inside walls have an angled jog. Therefore one room is wider at the balcony end, the other wider at the bath end.

If you find a room on the list and know what the bed configuration is, (each floor should be identical) then every other room going both directions should have that same bed configuration. Someone let me know if this is not right.

There is really no other logical explanation for the bed positions being different.

Cabin 9172

Port Side - forward by stairwells and elevators

Ceiling groaned very loudly, enough to keep me awake at night

Balcony slider has a mini ramp that drops down for wheelchair access

Balcony view - no obstructions

Sofa and Chair in the room - next to slider

Bed next to bathroom

Handicapped room - LOT's of space

Good Wifi reception - IPhone worked great in this cabin

MOVED TO:

Starboard Side - very forward Interior

Had to go out and down the hallway to get IPhone reception

Bed by closet. This configuration is a hassle.

Could hear next cabin's door opening and shutting which was annoying.

BUT...the great thing about having a cabin on Deck 8 is when you go forward and aft, you get to walk through Central Park? A great perk.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 596

Class – D1

Mid Front Port side of Ship, Bed near balcony, we thought there was a nice amount of space between couch and closet unlike the tight space on the Celebrity Solstice. Suitcases went under the bed until we asked the room stewart to take away the comforter and just put a blanket on the bed. The comforter was placed in a heavy plastic container and placed under the bed which interfered with the suitcases.

Quiet Cabin - (This cabin is very quite)

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– This was a hump balcony and we liked it very much, it had 2 chairs and a table. No privacy issue although we had some smoke from someone who had a balcony probably above us but it did not come into the cabin.

Balcony Size? Normal for class -

Was wind a problem? We heard a little noise through the sliding doors occasionaly.

Any specific problems with this cabin? We wish we had a different shower head - it was hard to take a shower by holding the wand and soap. I wonder how someone shorter than 5' 7" could get hold of it. Liked the bar in the shower for shaving legs and washing feet.

Any other comments? We thought the TV would have been better and more like the ones in the Celebrity Solstice. Also on last night after packing, drop the empty hangers on the floor or find someway to secure them. They tended to bang together and kept waking me up.

The refrigerator was packed with food and drinks and it made it very hard to place other things in it. Finally the room checker put the boxes of snacks up high on a shelf over the mirror.

We were able to decorate the door with Cruise Critic magnetic signs and using medium suction cups were able to secure a wreath of stars for our decoration. No one seemed to bother it even though we had our Critter crab with floppy claws on all week. We had heard that on the Port side of the ship someone was doing damage to the signs.

Irene & Miles

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9196

Class – D1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Front Hump Middle

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– good view forward and aft

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Larger than others due to location on hump

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? no - but Royal really blew it when they decided to put the outlets underneath the desk

Any other comments?

We will be in Cabin 9192 (Deck 9) in November - D1 hump. I know by then someone will probably have reported on it but I will add my two cents if this thread is still going. :)

I do see however that "neighbors" 9198 and 9196 have posted so thank you!

Edited by LisaH

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 11321

Class – B1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Boardwalk (five cabins from the end/aft)

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Mostly quiet, could hear some of the boardwalk noise -- most notably when they did the night movies at the Aqua Theater

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Great - could watch aqua theater

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Deeper with table and chairs

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None...

Any other comments? It was fabulous and we really enjoyed the boardwalk view, but we did miss seeing the ocean as much of the ship is inward focused...

Hi everyone,

Here's the updated list. http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU&pli=1

or if you can't open it click on the Oasis cabin attachment here http://sites.google.com/site/oasiscruisers/Home

Thanks to everyone and please keep the cabin information coming,

Kelcie

Deck - 12

Cabin # -12-632

Class – JS

Mid Ship

Ocean View Balcony Cabin

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – VERY quiet cabin. Never heard a thing and the Presidential suite was two rooms away.

Balcony View - Fabulous balcony at the start of the hump. Plenty of room .....wish we had more time to spend out there !

Balcony Size? I felt it was very spacious compared to previous JS balconies we have had.

Was wind a problem? Never

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Ideal location Midship. Would book this again.

Edited by suni

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 12-611 and 12-613

Class – C1

Central Park Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Could hear the people in the connecting cabin in the middle of the night....it was family though and they were having fun with several guests in the cabin. Other than that, no noise at all.

Balcony View - Loved the view of Central Park. central

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal balcony.

Was wind a problem? Not on the balcony. Central Park did tend to be breezy. Did not feel it on the balcony though.

Any other comments? Loved looking onto Central Park

Edited by suni

Hi Everyone,

here's the updated list http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU&pli=1

or if you can't open it click on the Oasis cabin attachment here http://sites.google.com/site/oasiscruisers/Home

Suni, thanks for posting. would you please tell me if the cabins you had were by the balcony or by the bath? I'll be happy to update it on the next list.

Thanks to everyone and please keep the cabin information coming,

Kelcie

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 12305

Class – B2/Boardwalk Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet cabin - didn't hear anything on either side.

Balcony View - Loved looking out on the activity on the Boardwalk, Aquatheater, Zip Line, Rock Climbing Wall, and ocean aft of ship.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal balcony.

Was wind a problem? No problem.

Any other comments? Phenomenal cabin steward (Shermie from the Philippines!)

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 578

Class – D2

Front Starboard

Bed near closet - I actually liked this arrangement. I had no problem getting into the closet and it was nice to have the sofa near the balcony.

Quiet Cabin - Mostly quiet, but at night I could hear faint bass sounds from Bolero's which was directly below my cabin. I had no problem falling asleep because the sound was so low. My son in cabin 6582 could also hear the sounds but my daughter in cabin 6574 didn't hear anything.

Balcony View - Two life boats were below my balcony, but I could see directly down to the ocean thru the opening between them. And of course, I could see the rest of the ocean.

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None, but I kept forgetting that the door opens out toward the hallway. I kept pulling on the door (like I've done in every other cabin) and then wondering why I couldn't open the door.

Any other comments?

GREAT CABIN LOCATION

Very close to the elevators and the Diamond Club Lounge, which has a great view of the promenade below and the globe that opens for special events. If you're not a Diamond Member, you can get the same view by looking over the railing just before the entrance to the Diamond Lounge.

Very close to the Vitality at Sea Spa entrance, where the Vitality Cafe is located. Almost every morning we got sandwiches and fresh fruit cups from the Cafe. We also booked weeklong access to the thermal suite in the spa. It was the best $150 we ever spent in the spa, because the "treatment" lasted all week. Being so close to the spa, made it very easy to go there every morning.

Boardwalk was at the opposite end of our deck and the entrance to Central Park was just 2 decks up via our elevator.

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9729

Class – B1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Boardwalk, aft, starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet with balcony door closed. Very little ambient sounds from Boardwalk

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Excellent view of Aqua Theater and aft ocean views. Watched the shows here with no problems!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for class, but smaller than D1

Was wind a problem? NO

Any specific problems with this cabin? I would prefer the couch next to the closet. It was nearly impossible to get things in and out of closet with the bed next to it. Limited storage space. Tiny counter space. Poor electrical plug location

Any other comments?

Thanks, and I can't wait to be on her in September 2010 with all of my Cruise Critic friends.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 329

Class – B1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Boardwalk view, all the way aft towards the Aquatheater

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin? – Reasonably quiet with the door closed except for when shows or other loud activities were ongoing at the Boardwalk.

Balcony View - Best view of Aquatheather and ocean beyond for Boardwalk-facing balcony cabins (along with the other B1 cabins ending with 729 or 329). Epic view of Aquatheater and port when departing St. Martin. No obstructions.

Balcony Size? - Normal for class but smaller than ocean-facing balconies

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Perfect location if a Boardwalk-view balcony is desired. Amazing views and pictures. However, no privacy and no ability to sleep with the balcony door open because of noise (along with other B1 or B2 staterooms). Long walk to elevators.

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6601

Class – Large Inside

Front Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Mostly quiet, only heard some noise at night if there was something special on the promenade--on the night of the 70's party we could hear the music

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? All the cabins were pretty much the same size from the large inside through the balconys. We did a cabin crawl and only the junior suites were bigger. We were three and when the third bed was pulled out there was really no room to stand--but that is true for any of the cabins on the ship--they are all small.

Any other comments? Perfect location--Deck 6 is the best--really only had to take an elevator to get to the pool. Missed the report from the bridge and the weather being on a TV station. They said they will be adding that soon. View from the bridge cam was good since we were in an inside room.