My Cruise has a rate drop!

smashedpumpkins

The problem is I don't really see it? I have a program that notified me of a $120 drop. (2 tickets so $60 each) When I go to the site it still shows the regular price of $649 for a Cat 12 Penthouse.

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=LAX&itinCode=LA0&durDays=4&shipCode=PA&subRegionCode=MB&sailDate=1/18/2010&sailingID=54650

Any idea where the drop is? I paid $609 per ticket on the early savings rate. So it should someone one the site show a price of $550ish. Thanks for any help!

EDIT: In the program I didn't select any extras like 55+ or Past Guest. We're first time cruisers.

The problem is I don't really see it? I have a program that notified me of a $120 drop. (2 tickets so $60 each) When I go to the site it still shows the regular price of $649 for a Cat 12 Penthouse.

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=LAX&itinCode=LA0&durDays=4&shipCode=PA&subRegionCode=MB&sailDate=1/18/2010&sailingID=54650

Any idea where the drop is? I paid $609 per ticket on the early savings rate. So it should someone one the site show a price of $550ish. Thanks for any help!

EDIT: In the program I didn't select any extras like 55+ or Past Guest. We're first time cruisers.

Could be a resident rate..

mine did that too, if you put in dp3 for fare code then enter, if it doesnt show up, back it up then click the forward arrow, thats when mine showed up.

What'd DP3? I went ahead and tried that and it brought up a lower rate for all rooms, but the cat 12 room. The Cat 12 doesn't show up with DP3 hah. I might try calling them.

I am also curious, what does DP3 mean? Is this an available to the public discount code?

thats the past guest code. If you do a advanced search on the carnival site, and check the box for being a past guest, and click on a past guest rate ... look over at the code on the right, its dp3.

What state do you live in? I only see the full rate you paid. But I had a lot of problems seeing a resident rate on the Carnival site for our cruise next week but the fishy kept telling me there was a rate reduction. Had to try several times in a row before I could finally see it on the Carnival site. It is very flaky like that.

I don't see a resident rate for MN, but maybe there is one for your state.

I just checked it on my laptop which has never been to the site and it still shows the rate. One of us is a resident of California and the other is a resident of Idaho. I went ahead and tried to book a "fake" trip again on the laptop with no luck. :\ Not sure... haha

thats it. Calif rate matches.

12 Upper DeckCruise Only $549.00

Are you sure you are checking the box on Advanced search on Carnival for both states... got a match on Calif for Cat 12.

Dont think all the rates will copy and paste... click on the suite $449 price and then click on the Category tab ... and you will see all the Calif rates for your cruise.

Fun Select Choose your stateroom number (exact location). $264* $284* N/A $549*

Fun Saver5 You pick stateroom type and we pick your location. $219* $249* N/A N/A

Past Guest2 Special rates for guests who’ve sailed with Carnival before. $219* $249* N/A $499*

Resident Rates4 Special rates for residents of select states N/A N/A N/A $449*

Senior Rate3 Special rates for guests over 55. N/A N/A N/A $449*

thats it. Calif rate matches.

12 Upper DeckCruise Only $549.00

Are you sure you are checking the box on Advanced search on Carnival for both states... got a match on Calif for Cat 12.

I found it too. But had to give it a couple tries like I had to do with my own cruise!

Archived