Too many options and terminally confused- Miracle?

tammymacb

Please help!

I'm about to book a Jan '11 cruise on the Miracle with ES rate. I know using ES I won't be able to change my cabins as easily. Plus, I'd like ( for once :rolleyes: ) not to second guess myself and be happy with the room I choose.

I sat yesterday and tried to go back and forth between room categories and CC and I'm more confused than ever.

Here's what I want.

Balcony room for 3- DD will be 14. Quiet deck, no public spaces above or below room. Convenient location. I'd like one of the "wrap" balconies, but are they suites?? I didn't see an offer for 9 A cabins while I was browings CCLs site yesterday. I don't need to be super high in the boat, maybe not super low either.

Help!! Please give me either a room # or category you'd choose and why. And I'll love you forever!

Thanks!

PS..we're talking about the Miracle.:D

The corner wrap arounds are suites. (i think they are now VS)

If booking one of these you dont want the suite on deck 5 as this is not a true suite (I have not looked to see if these two cabins are the same category as the rest of them.

My advise would be to book a 8A for 3 people. ... (7A are obstructed, so thats even a option if prices are really good and you are ok with some obstruction looking down).

ES you pick your cabin, so pick as midship of the least balcony you will be happy with. You can not downgrade, but you can always upgrade if the prices drop. Iv upgraded twice since I booked. If you see a deal on a lower category later you are out of luck. It is $50 and a huge amount of work to rebook to downgrade with ES, after final payment its absolutely not allowed per my PVP (despite some posters saying you can).

Book the lowest balcony you think will be ok, like 7A or 8A and then move up if rates drop on a higher category, or it leaves you open for a upsell. ... just keep in mind you can always move up, no extra cost to upgrade with ES.

Are you looking for an 8A quad so you can add your daughter's friend later? I think there are only two 8A quads on Miracle.

If you are looking using Early Saver, it could be all the 8A's for early saver rates (and/or for the number you are booking) are gone.

I guess plan b would be look at 7A's or 8B's. If you decide to try the 7A, look for one further aft than the first three lifeboats (which are taller and give more obstruction.)

I'd call and talk with a carnival person. Have your computer up so you can track what they are finding. We got just exactly what we wanted last year- an extended balcony with an inside room across the hall. We got a good price. We were on the Empress deck which is between two decks with cabins. Being at the back of the ship there were stairs right there and an elevator nearby which led to all the stuff we most wanted. And we got upgraded on the phone. It really was the easiest way to go since I was driving myself nuts. The first time we took and outside Carnival choose room and were likewise pleased, although not everyone would have been (Riviera deck midship- loved it- you could see the water).

We sailed on The Miracle this past January and got Cabin 4241 which is an aft balcony - not aft wrap, just aft cabin. Awesome ! When we booked it (not sure if they've changed things) it was a Cat.8C and we paid $1039.00pp.

Archived