Water bottles

mondas42

Hi

I have a quick question. We were planning on taking a couple of empty water containers with us to fill with tap water and take to shore on the port days. when we return if they have some water in them will we be taken aside and the bottles confiscated even if it's just water, or would be be best to empty them before we board and just have them empty?

Martin

You shouldn't have a problem with that. We have done the exact same thing and never had an issue. They may possibly ask you what is in the bottles and you can show them but that should be the worst of it.

I've seen folks bring water bottles back aboard many times with not problems.

-----------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

On Radiance we ran into a very militant security person who wanted to confiscate my water bottle since it had a little WATER left in it. It was a really nice aluminum bottle with the insulation to keep your drinks cold, but the sides were opaque so he couldn't see what was in it. :rolleyes: If you opened the lid, it was OBVIOUSLY only water. I told him I would dump the water so the bottle would be empty. He tried to say that if there were alcohol in it (there wasn't) that I could leave some residue inside and alcohol wasn't allowed. Even if I dumped the water, he would still confiscate the bottle. He just wouldn't get it through his head that the bottle did not contain alcohol, had never contained alcohol, and never would contain alcohol. The line eventually backed up and a supervisor came over. He let me bring the bottle back on if I dumped the remaining water.

Next stop I bought a clear bottle of water and refilled it onboard as needed. I didn't want another run-in with security over water so I made sure to dump the bottle and shake the residue out before I tried to reboard. I preferred the insulated bottle because I could fill it with ice and water before leaving the ship and it would still be cold hours later. I didn't want to risk having it confiscated so didn't bring it on excursions.

On Radiance we ran into a very militant security person who wanted to confiscate my water bottle since it had a little WATER left in it. It was a really nice aluminum bottle with the insulation to keep your drinks cold, but the sides were opaque so he couldn't see what was in it. :rolleyes: If you opened the lid, it was OBVIOUSLY only water. I told him I would dump the water so the bottle would be empty. He tried to say that if there were alcohol in it (there wasn't) that I could leave some residue inside and alcohol wasn't allowed. Even if I dumped the water, he would still confiscate the bottle. He just wouldn't get it through his head that the bottle did not contain alcohol, had never contained alcohol, and never would contain alcohol. The line eventually backed up and a supervisor came over. He let me bring the bottle back on if I dumped the remaining water.

Next stop I bought a clear bottle of water and refilled it onboard as needed. I didn't want another run-in with security over water so I made sure to dump the bottle and shake the residue out before I tried to reboard. I preferred the insulated bottle because I could fill it with ice and water before leaving the ship and it would still be cold hours later. I didn't want to risk having it confiscated so didn't bring it on excursions.

Sounds to me, as if someone was hoping to "inherit" your nice water bottle.:rolleyes: I always have an aluminum bottle for water and never had a problem getting it on board. Might have to "prove" there is no alcohol in there, but that's all.

• 4 months later...
Sounds to me, as if someone was hoping to "inherit" your nice water bottle.:rolleyes: I always have an aluminum bottle for water and never had a problem getting it on board. Might have to "prove" there is no alcohol in there, but that's all.

With new regulations out, again. Will TSA let you board with an empty metal water bottle or will it get confiscated as a rule?

We are first timers to Alaska and will not be checking bags. We have a week's land first before cruise and are planning on bringing our hiking water bottles with our daypacks for hiking, biking, horseback riding.

Didn't think we would have to worry about the ship on and off every day, too wanting to take our bottles.

With new regulations out, again. Will TSA let you board with an empty metal water bottle or will it get confiscated as a rule?

We are first timers to Alaska and will not be checking bags. We have a week's land first before cruise and are planning on bringing our hiking water bottles with our daypacks for hiking, biking, horseback riding.

Didn't think we would have to worry about the ship on and off every day, too wanting to take our bottles.

Yes - you can take empty water bottles of any kind in your carryon. We do this all the time - and then just put water in it from fountain or ask cabin crew for water.

All other liquids/cremes/gels - adhere to the 3-1-1 rule. Check out the TSA website or your airline website.

Archived