Questions on The Bus in Oahu

madjohn

Will be in Oahu on Dec 26. Was planning to just take The Bus for a day of site seeing and shopping. Any expert out there know what would be the best route to see the Island. I know that using The Bus will take longer and thats OK, but how long and can I do one of the trips that takes me to the far side of the Island. All info would be good.

Thanks

John

check out the bus website

http://www.thebus.org/Route/Routes.asp

couple of ways to do it...route 52 is one...this takes a long long time...does not run that often so if you get off its a wait added..as you have to get back to the ship a rental car is the way to go.....i would just go to pearl harbour and maybe waikiki beach

We found using the bus was too time consuming for the time we had there. Just our opinion.

If you just want to stay somewhat local to Waikiki you can take the trolley, http://www.waikikitrolley.com/ took it all the way around to SeaLife Park so saw some of Oahu outside the city.

The Red Line goes to Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, and the Halona Lookout "Blow Hole".

have done the circle island bus trip several times...first time was great..hardly any other passengers and did not mind the long ride....since then it has always been busy..last few times to Hawaii we rent a car either landing enroute to the hotel or on the day of departure...go round the island .....we have done the trolley several times too...its nice and if you have the time for a 4 day pass its not that expensive...online you can get deals on the passes too....but heh..whatever you do in Hawaii you are still in hawaii

Archived