tough question - what was your MOST favorite excursion (between buenos and valpo)?

urquie

Private tour in the Falklands to see the Penguins, through the bogs. Hands down one of the best days of my life... no matter how close I got to puke, no matter than no one would let me eat lunch, no matter how many times we got stuck and no matter what we paid for it, it was worth every single penny.

Private tour in the Falklands to see the Penguins, through the bogs. Hands down one of the best days of my life... no matter how close I got to puke, no matter than no one would let me eat lunch, no matter how many times we got stuck and no matter what we paid for it, it was worth every single penny.

thanks so much for your reply. i'd love more details. :)

where did you go to see the penguins? what company did you book with?

Magdalena Island-whether by ferry or zodiac. Some cruise lines offer it as a ship excursion. Truly special when you stand in the lighthouse and realize you are in a place very few in the world will ever see.

I also like Valdes to see the absolutely HUGE southern elephant seals. I have been twice. I would pass on Valdes to go to Magdalena Island if I could only do one.

It was a solid tie between seeing the penguins at Punta Tombo (Puerto Madryn) and the trip to see the King penguins at Volunteer Point (Ephraim's top choice).

PT was a winner for the sheer number of residents and because it was our first penguin stop. We toured with Monica Mato; she was great. Another couple on our roll call arranged it and invited us to tour with them.

VP was winner not just because of the magnificent King penguins but because getting there was half the fun. We toured with Patrick Watt, who is the only private guide doing the trip.

You are welcome to check out our photos using the link below.

Hey Fellow Montrealer

Was this the excursion to Volunteer point .I booked it with mr PAtrick WATTS

Is this the one you mean in Falkands

It was a solid tie between seeing the penguins at Punta Tombo (Puerto Madryn) and the trip to see the King penguins at Volunteer Point (Ephraim's top choice).

PT was a winner for the sheer number of residents and because it was our first penguin stop. We toured with Monica Mato; she was great. Another couple on our roll call arranged it and invited us to tour with them.

VP was winner not just because of the magnificent King penguins but because getting there was half the fun. We toured with Patrick Watt, who is the only private guide doing the trip.

You are welcome to check out our photos using the link below.

Where is the link to your photos?

Hello,

We enjoyed seeing the penquins on s ship's excursion (Radiance of the Seas) when we were in Puerto Madryn. We also saw elephant seals.

Another exceptionally enjoyable excursion was a catamaran ride/ bus ride of Tierra Fuego National Parkfrom Ushaia.

Generally we like to go on our own but the two ship excursions discussed above were well worth the money and the time.

And if you stop in PUnta Del Este, go on your own because you can easily see this truly nice, upscale place by walking around the city and the beaches.

Hey Fellow Montrealer

Was this the excursion to Volunteer point .I booked it with mr PAtrick WATTS

Is this the one you mean in Falkands

Yes it was. Worth every single penny. And I picked up GBP at Calforex at http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=peel+at+ste.+catherine,+montreal,+qc&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=37.118294,58.974609&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Rue+Peel+%26+Rue+Sainte-Catherine+Ouest,+Montreal,+Communaut%C3%A9-Urbaine-de-Montr%C3%A9al,+Quebec&ll=45.49982,-73.572366&spn=0.002452,0.0036&z=18&layer=c&cbll=45.499762,-73.572245&panoid=COpEvwgkBVYvuXOJ3sZRvg&cbp=12,227.89,,0,8.35 so that I could pay him. Maybe the best memory of my life.

I guess this GB ??? is the local currency .What is the exchange ?Is it better to pay him in that or US$ He wants 185$ US per person

Archived