The Oasis is neat, but I'd rather cruise the Dream!

frednsb

I have followed the building, transat, first porting, first cruise of RCCI's Oasis of the Seas with great interest. It truely is a marvel of ship construction. BUT! I would rather cruise on the Carnival Dream. I feel like the Oasis would be a really nice resort to visit (like Disney World), but not for a crusie. Too big! Too many people! To few ports to visit!

I only hope the Dream tries some different routes. The Glory has done thes trips for years and I have done them all!

I have equally sailed RCCI and Carnival so it is not because of the cruise lines.

What do you think?

We are just going to board the Oasis and stay on it. We have already been to the all the ports she visits many times. (except Falmouth and have no desire to go to Jamaica again). The ship will be our destination.

Now that's a great idea. I saw it on GMA Friday morning and it took the sportscaster 14 min to walk from one end to the other, w/o stopping along the way:eek: It's 3 football fields long...UGH!!

It should be interesting.

in cabin decor in my opinion from RCL. I am a huge fan of Carnival have only strayed to RCL once. Didn't care for the cruise but the cabin was beautiful. I didn't have anything fancy, OV Obstructed. Carnival has to have the ugliest cabins. The orange/burgandy color scheme is awful. How did they build the Dream with all its wonderful ammenities and keep those ugly cabins?????????:confused:

I truly don't get it. Maybe they bought so much of that ugly stuff they will never run out.:rolleyes:

I doubt I will ever sail on the Oasis but did watch the slide show of the cabins

on the main page. Carnival needs to take a look!!

Now that's a great idea. I saw it on GMA Friday morning and it took the sportscaster 14 min to walk from one end to the other, w/o stopping along the way:eek: It's 3 football fields long...UGH!!

It took him 14 min to walk all the way around deck 15. So from one end to the other is just 7 min. :D

I think if making the ship your destination appeals to you then maybe you should try an all inclusive resort, probably a better deal. Plus what all will be open when the ship is in port?

I have sailed both RCCL and Carnival many times. Been on the Inspiration, Fasination, Fantasy, Imagination, and Glory. Cabins are larger on Carnival. RCL is decorated nicer.

My thought is that maybe Dream is big enough! I have to admit, all the shows and marketing make Oasis look wonderful, but I would like to expore her, but not sail her. . . . I think!

I wanted to sail on the Oasis as soon as I seen the drawings. So, a year ago, we booked for October 16, 2010. Our prices weren't that bad for a D6 Oceanview balcony, only $1129.00 each with fees and taxes.

I looked at my old cruise prices and for 2 people in a cabin, they run very close to what the Oasis is. I paid $1230 per person for the Solstice last February, that was the most expensive cruise I've had yet.

Judy

The thing that "bothered" me about the Oasis. Was how many different for fee or "cover" charge options they had for dinning. None were the same charge. My gosh they had to post a chart!

Does the Dream do that? Or is it all free + the Supper Club option?

The thing that "bothered" me about the Oasis. Was how many different for fee or "cover" charge options they had for dinning. None were the same charge. My gosh they had to post a chart!

I don't understand why this bothers so many people. These new extra charge items are not even offered on other cruise ships so if you don't do any of them it will be the same as it would be on any other cruise ship.

The former NCL SS Norway was also over 3 football fields long (1000+ft) and that was built 50 years ago.

Steve

I have sailed both RCCL and Carnival many times. Been on the Inspiration, Fasination, Fantasy, Imagination, and Glory. Cabins are larger on Carnival. RCL is decorated nicer.

My thought is that maybe Dream is big enough! I have to admit, all the shows and marketing make Oasis look wonderful, but I would like to expore her, but not sail her. . . . I think!

Looking at your sig,you have never sailed a larger ship so how can you even comment on your not wanting to sail a larger ship?:confused:

You could have chosen older CCL ships or even RCCL Nordic Empress but you chose the larger ones you have been on.Unless you think the ones you have been on are too big,then why are you not sailing smaller ones?:p

Steve

The Dream/Magic will be the largest ships I intend to cruise on. I think the Oasis is far, far, far too big and would be a nightmare to embark and debark!!!!! None of RCI's ship appeal to me, as most if not all, are too big.

You've never sailed RCL, so on what do you base your opinion? RCL has smaller ships, and "medium" sized ships. RCL does wonders with crowd control and threr will be more than one gang way for boarding and departing this ship. If you start out with a closed mind, you only cheat yourself!

As long as the options are just that, options, what's the problem? I see it as lots of choices, no problem there for me!

I have followed the building, transat, first porting, first cruise of RCCI's Oasis of the Seas with great interest. It truely is a marvel of ship construction. BUT! I would rather cruise on the Carnival Dream. I feel like the Oasis would be a really nice resort to visit (like Disney World), but not for a crusie. Too big! Too many people! To few ports to visit!

I only hope the Dream tries some different routes. The Glory has done thes trips for years and I have done them all!

I have equally sailed RCCI and Carnival so it is not because of the cruise lines.

What do you think?

I think the Dream sounds boring...;)

What do you think?

I recently spent 28 days on the Dream and had a great time. I don't know if I'll ever book the Oasis. If I do, it will be out of curiosity more than anything else. To me, even the Dream is TOO large.:)

I don't understand why this bothers so many people. These new extra charge items are not even offered on other cruise ships so if you don't do any of them it will be the same as it would be on any other cruise ship.

Because of how confusing it looks/is. I don't want to carry around a chart with me.

I don't care about having extra charge or "cover charge" or whatever it is called as an option. But how about just averaging out those charges? Meaning every place that offers a for fee is the same price. On the Oasis chart I saw some were $5.00, $25, $35, $20, $50, $75. Some there as a charge for lunch other not. Some were open for breakfast and lunch, others were not.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Oasis_Restaurants.pdf

I don't mind the for charge options. We had a great dinner at the Supper Club on the Valor. It's all the differing charges that hangs me up. Just make everyone $30 or something.

Because of how confusing it looks/is. I don't want to carry around a chart with me.

I don't care about having extra charge or "cover charge" or whatever it is called as an option. But how about just averaging out those charges? Meaning every place that offers a for fee is the same price. On the Oasis chart I saw some were $5.00, $25, $35, $20, $50, $75. Some there as a charge for lunch other not. Some were open for breakfast and lunch, others were not.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Oasis_Restaurants.pdf

I don't mind the for charge options. We had a great dinner at the Supper Club on the Valor. It's all the differing charges that hangs me up. Just make everyone $30 or something.

Can't make every option the same price, some options are for specialty coffee, don't think they'll charge the same for that as for Chops restaurant! I really don't see where multiple options with different charges are such a big problem. Do you have a difficult time making decisions in general? The more I read some of these responses the more it seems some people are just looking for something to complain about and having a hard time finding one so they are grasping at anything!

Archived