We just saw Oasis of the Seas depart Port Everglades

alreadypacked

READ THE REVIEWS-NOBODY says she's too big..almost ALL agree she's amazing....and MG,is everybody ONLY concerned with $$?? My father if he was alive, would say.."don't be cheap on vacations-be cheap at home" and that's what I do...cheap is NOT an attractive trait...nobody says "Mom & Dad,I 've met a guy who's wonderful-he's nice,good-looking,has a great job,AND he's cheap!!!" Yet,we all make comparisons ONLY by the almighty $$....now,if you are poor,or have 4 kids,or you have huge payments on your house,car,kids expenses,etc.,that's different..many of my friends are just CHEAP.Cheap is when you can afford something,but choose not to....I've been on 25 cruises,6 CCL,9 RCI,4 NCL,etc...I do not choose my cruises ONLY by $$..the CCL ships are not even close to the Freedom/Radiance class ships IMO...we choose CCL because we like the itinerary,ALONG with the price...if it's a huge difference (like $800-1000 for both of us),we'll choose the better deal...we cruised the Destiny in Sept. because we wanted to see Grand Turk and I love HMC...it was ok,the ship needed some work-A/C was THE NOISIEST ever in ANY cabin OR room I've ever slept in...balcony in a Mini suite was pretty tight...food hit & miss..but honestly I'm diabetic,so food is not that important to us...the Navigator's 4-5 night cruises are a ton better and yes,more $$..but it should be -it's a much nicer ship....

I tend to look at it not as being "cheap", but being a good steward of what I have been blessed with. If I can get a very nice cruise with very good food with very good ports on a very nice ship on one line for 1/2 the cost of another line, I call that being a good steward. Some might refer to your attitude to being wasteful. Just saying.........

Interesting how a ship can command higher prices when they're brand new.

When the Monarch of the Seas was launched (almost 20 years ago), we paid over $1000 per person for an inside cabin :eek: (and that's not even adjusted for inflation!). We thought it was the most amazing ship and well worth every penny.

Today, those tiny 120sq ft cabins would not command half what we paid back then!

We currently have two cruises booked. A 5 day on Fascination (one of Carnival's smallest ships) and a 7 day on Oasis. Both are ocean facing balcony rooms. We are paying $400 more pp for the 2 extra nights on Oasis, which I think is really reasonable. Why is Oasis so reasonable? We booked 18 months early! So, if anyone is only concerned about price, that is one way to get around it (kind of!)

Just did the Fascination 5 day and we're booked on the NCL Sun (7 day) in April. I'm trying to talk DH into canceling April cruise (we booked 2 cabins for the 5 of us- $570/personX4 and I forget what 5th person was) and leaving the kiddos at home while we go on the Oasis (April 30- $850/person for inside). I hope he goes for it.

It is a beautiful ship----the only crowds were the same as any other ship I have been on--during dinner when everyone is going the same direction. There were times and locations you never saw anyone because it has so much to do and is so big that eveyone is spread out. We booked 2 years out and had a big price drop a few months before we sailed. Loved it!!

Tina

Carnival Freedom 7 days out of Ft. Lauderdale 699.

Oasis 7 days out of Ft. Lauderdale, 729

Grand difference 30 dollars...less than 5$ per day...seriously, it's not that much more expensive. And it's really a much nicer ship. A lot more is included (more restaurants, ice shows, rock climbing, aquatheater, zip line, etc.). If you're seriously not considering it because of a 30 dollar price difference, then you're really cutting your vacation budget close.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Search2/Default.aspx?embkCode=FLL&dur=D2&pageSize=5&pageNumber=4&sort=FromPrice&Senior=N&PastGuest=N

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do;jsessionid=0000MRLFwN4kEtv7hXORoBeM9F9:12hdhu87a?cS=ADVSCH&duration=ANY&dest=ANY&date=ANY&port=ANY&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&ship=OA&selectedCurrencyCode=USD&price=ANY&cruiseTourOnly=false&sortBy=1&state=FL&x=23&y=10

You get what you pay for. Go on a budget get a budget product.

Just off Destiny. Good time, food and friendly crew. Wish they would just fix the problem with the engine.

I don't agree, went RCCL and paid for good food and nice cabin............got just ok food and the smallest cabin I've ever seen, so I didn't get what I thought I was paying for.

Carnival Freedom 7 days out of Ft. Lauderdale 699.

Oasis 7 days out of Ft. Lauderdale, 729

Grand difference 30 dollars...less than 5$ per day...seriously, it's not that much more expensive. And it's really a much nicer ship. A lot more is included (more restaurants, ice shows, rock climbing, aquatheater, zip line, etc.). If you're seriously not considering it because of a 30 dollar price difference, then you're really cutting your vacation budget close.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Search2/Default.aspx?embkCode=FLL&dur=D2&pageSize=5&pageNumber=4&sort=FromPrice&Senior=N&PastGuest=N

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do;jsessionid=0000MRLFwN4kEtv7hXORoBeM9F9:12hdhu87a?cS=ADVSCH&duration=ANY&dest=ANY&date=ANY&port=ANY&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&ship=OA&selectedCurrencyCode=USD&price=ANY&cruiseTourOnly=false&sortBy=1&state=FL&x=23&y=10

I've looked at prices for Carnival and Oasis and it was way more than a $30 difference if that was the case I would go on Oasis for the $30 difference. I like both lines and IMO both are very simular I just prefer how Carnival handles the activities on sea days better.

This must be the sour grapes thread.

If the cost is more, so is what you are getting and less ports are needed because those two ships are destinations in and of themselves. Allure will have the show Chicago, ice shows, 3D thater, aqua theater, comedy club, other show venues. I think it's okay to pay more if you get more. We booked the Allure but cancelled in favor of Carnival Magic to Europe with our teen and tween. That vacation will cost more than an Allure vacation. But you get what you pay for.

I don't agree, went RCCL and paid for good food and nice cabin............got just ok food and the smallest cabin I've ever seen, so I didn't get what I thought I was paying for.

Then you didn't do your research and have only yourself to blame. Cabin square footage and pictures are available from multiple sources.

Food is subjective. Recent RCI cruises for me yielded mediocre food on Grandeur, excellent on Majesty.

Recent Carnival cruises, Great on Pride, so-so on Victory.;)

Archived