Very early arrival at LAX

tlwhite

Our flight from Texas to LAX arrives at 8:10 a.m on the day of the cruise. (the next flight arrived at 1:00p.m). We chose the early flight to be on the safe side. I think we will take a super shuttle to the pier because it sounds like the most economical thing to do with our family of 5. Question: What do we do when we arrive in LA? Hang out at the airport? Go to the pier that early?

Our flight from Texas to LAX arrives at 8:10 a.m on the day of the cruise. (the next flight arrived at 1:00p.m). We chose the early flight to be on the safe side. I think we will take a super shuttle to the pier because it sounds like the most economical thing to do with our family of 5. Question: What do we do when we arrive in LA? Hang out at the airport? Go to the pier that early?

I think that by the time the plane actually arrives and starts discharging passengers...and then you get to the baggage area and wait to claim your luggage...and find the shuttle (and wait for it to be full before it starts moving, and discharging people as it goes)....you'll end up getting to the pier to be among the first in line to board.. and be safely on the ship in time to eat lunch and enjoy a beverage or two.

In other words, "just in time" to start your vacation! Have a great trip!

If you are going on a RCCL cruise, the dining room is NOT open for lunch on the first day. On Mariner you only choices on embarkation day are the Windjammer, Cafe Promenade, and room service.

With 5 people, you might look into how much a private car will cost to the port. That will cost you about $100 for the shared ride which you might be able to get a car for ... or if you can find a taxi van, the metered ride might be cheaper but would almost definitely be faster.

I'll look into different commuting options. That shuttle I looked into was $80 for our family. Thanks for the advice. Stay tuned, I have a few more questions for you guys before we take our much anticipated cruise in March.

Archived