Why is The Golden Heading to Honolulu vs Hilo

MTJSR

There are times that the ports visited are changed, for many different reasons.

Look at the Tahiti sailings this year, many of them are visiting ports in a totally different order than what was originally scheduled.

I read the Facebook posts by a Princess CC cruiser who returned to LA just a couple of days ago. She reported very heavy seas for several days in a row between HI and LA, and while it's probably cleared up by now, it's very possible that the change could be due to weather. There are many reasons why the port order can be changed at the last minute but weather is frequently the primary reason.

Aloha Kakou,

As per my itinerary that I was given when we signed on, this will be the only cruise with the ports in this order. I believe it had to do with the number of ships that were going to be in one port, (can't remember which one) that day. I believe it would have really messed up docking and inconvenienced the guests....at least I think that's what happened. the rest of the season looks to be "normal".

Dave

Aloha Kakou,

As per my itinerary that I was given when we signed on, this will be the only cruise with the ports in this order. I believe it had to do with the number of ships that were going to be in one port, (can't remember which one) that day. I believe it would have really messed up docking and inconvenienced the guests....at least I think that's what happened. the rest of the season looks to be "normal".

Dave

thanks for the response, we'll see you in January.

Archived