Accurate passenger number on Oasis?

daviesmom

I can't seem to figure out exactly how many passengers Oasis of the Seas carries. On the RCI site, it says 5400, but the number 6300 seems to floating around quite a bit too. I'm guessing the crew would have to number about 2000, but I don't know if that's on top of the 5400. Anybody know for sure?

You will get multiple numbers.

One number will be 100% occupancy

Another number will be approx 105% occupancy, when third and fourth persons in a cabin occur

and

S>O>B Souls on Board...the total allowed by the USGC (yup, it can vary due to a multitude of factors)

I guess the number is dependant upon who books where....you could have alot of families in one cabin....so not all of the cabins could be utilized.....they go by number of "souls" onboard...not by how many beds are filled.

No matter the number, it's ALOT of people!

I guess the number is dependant upon who books where....you could have alot of families in one cabin....so not all of the cabins could be utilized.....they go by number of "souls" onboard...not by how many beds are filled.

No matter the number, it's ALOT of people!

The number 5400 refers to the number of passengers she can hold if there are two persons to each room and when there are, the ship is said to be sailing at 100% capacity(2700 staterooms x 2 persons per room=5400). When you add in the third and fourth persons that some cabins can accommodate, you get the higher number. I believe her maximum capacity for guests is 6300. Approximately 2100 officers and crew need to be added to the passenger complement to get the total number of "souls" onboard.

For the first several cruises, they will probably not book her to capacity in order to allow them to work out any kinks that might arise.:) We will be onboard Friday to experience this fantastic ship.

She has 2700 cabins...Max @ 6300 paxs....2100 crew...16 decks high....213 ft. above the water line.....1,180 ft. long...154 ft. wide..and takes approx. 14 min to walk (at an average pace) a complete trip around deck #15 with out stopping or getting lost...WOW...what a ship.....:eek:..

Archived