Pre-Ordering Hard Liquor: Is it possible to do?

Sailfish

It's been a while since we cruised with Royal Caribbean; we have a cruise on the Radiance coming up in January and I have a question. Is it possible to purchase bottles of hard liquor and mixers, like we are used to doing on Princess, for in-cabin consumption? I know about getting wine, but I was wondering if Royal Caribbean also had mixers and hard liquor I can pre-order before our trip.

Thanks.

They do not allow you to purchase hard liquor for in-cabin use. This changed in, I think, 2005. We used to be able to buy a bottle and for a fee have it delivered to our cabin. A couple of highly publicized incidents precluded the decision to disallow liquor purchase and they now will confiscate anything you try to bring on in your checked or carry on suitcases.

Of course there are always rum runners, if you are so inclined.

Oddly enough, they actively promote a pre-ordered bottle sale for their sister cruise line, Celebrity Cruises.

Have you looked at the prices on Celebrity, you have to drink 10 drinks per day to break even vs buying it at a bar. It is $56 pp per day for standard drinks and $76 pp per day for top shelf. That is crazy, how can anyone drink 10 drinks per day every day?

Mike

Thanks for all your input! Will Royal Caribbean still allow you to take a bottle of wine or champagne onto the ship at embarkation? I am going to guess that isn't allowed anymore either. But thought I would ask all the same.

Thanks for all your input! Will Royal Caribbean still allow you to take a bottle of wine or champagne onto the ship at embarkation? I am going to guess that isn't allowed anymore either. But thought I would ask all the same.

No alcohol of any kind is allowed to be brought onboard.

Have you looked at the prices on Celebrity, you have to drink 10 drinks per day to break even vs buying it at a bar. It is $56 pp per day for standard drinks and $76 pp per day for top shelf. That is crazy, how can anyone drink 10 drinks per day every day?

Mike

Yes, I know about their all you can drink packages. But, two weeks ago, for our Infinity PC cruise, we ordered a bottle of Absolut vodka from Celebrity for delivery to our cabin. It was a 1 liter bottle of vodka, 6 soft drink cans of our choice, and a very nice box of nuts, (pistachios-red and white, cashews and hot peanuts) The nuts were very good. The price was steep, $70.00 plus gratuity, but we did get a bottle delivered to our cabin! You can order these types of packages directly from the Celebrity website. Also, Celebrity has stocked the small refrigerator with soft drinks, a couple cans of beer, and those small airplane bottles of liquor. We did not drink any of those.

Hypo

How about bottle of wine to be consumed in your cabin??

You can order bottle(s) of wine from the Gifts and Gear section of the website. (http://www.rccl.com) This will be in your cabin when you arrive. You may not take it to the dining room with you.

You can also purchase wine packages. (details available on the website)

Archived