Celebrity Solstice - Continental Deck...HELP!

jcastro1202

Hi everyone! I'm hoping that you all can provide me with some information. My fiance and I are booked on the Solstice for the March 21st sailing to the Eastern Caribbean in a 2B category balcony guarantee. When booking this cruise I specifically told my TA that we didn't want an obstructed view (I had read about these cabins on CC) and she assured me that the special that I was purchasing guaranteed that I would not get one of these rooms. Now...I log in to Celebrity, enter my reservation information and notice that I am booked in a balcony guarantee on Continental Deck. If I'm not mistaken Continental Deck is deck 6 where I have read all balconies are obstructed...Am I right? I don't want an obstructed view since this is my honeymoon and will be the first balcony that we ever book. Can any of you shed some light?

Another poster might correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe there is such a thing as a 2B guarantee, just a general balcony guarantee, in which you certainly can get an obstructed view. The guarantees are for TYPE of cabin, i.e., balcony, suite, cc, etc., but not for the specific levels within those types. If you want to be assured that you do not have an obstructed view, you should get a cabin on deck 7 and above.

Not all balconies on the Continental Deck have an obstructed view. The 2Bs don't as they stick out a little from the "humps" and are clear of the lifeboats. The 2Cs and cat 07s (being reclassified as 2Ds from April next year I think) do have the obstruction of lifeboats. I've never heard of a 2B guarantee either, only a balcony guarantee which may mean you get one of those with the obstructed view. Which cabin number have you been assigned?

Phil

Celebrity does sometimes have Guarantees at a certain level such as 2B guarantee which means you get a cabin no wqrse then 2B. The Continental deck on Solstice has 1A, 2B and 2c as well as the obstructed 2D . So you are ok as long as you have a 2B guarantee. Happy Sailings Solstice is a beautiful ship.

Celebrity does sometimes have Guarantees at a certain level such as 2B guarantee which means you get a cabin no wqrse then 2B. The Continental deck on Solstice has 1A, 2B and 2c as well as the obstructed 2D . So you are ok as long as you have a 2B guarantee. Happy Sailings Solstice is a beautiful ship.

Thanks! I was concerned that we had gotten one of the cabins with the obstructed view. We've never been on Celebrity or stayed in a balcony cabin so we really want to make this experience special.

Is there anything else I should know about the Continental Deck (i.e., noise from nearby elevators, dining rooms, etc.)?

Archived