Sapphire Emerald Deck Mini Suite or Caribe Balcony room?

jagergirl55

So we're all booked on the Sapphire Princess, for a Mexican Riviera cruise in Feb. We are currently booked in a Caribe Deck Balcony room (c719), but we're thinking or upgrading to a Emerald Deck Mini Suite (e721). I don't like the idea of a completely uncovered balcony, like on the Dolphin Deck.

Now is it worth the extra couple hundred bucks to upgrade? We're traveling with a bunch of friends, so I thought the extra seating in the cabin would be nice. Any ideas? pros/ cons?

If the cost is only that much more, and you could lock in to one of the few on the Emerald Deck, yep, I would consider it.

It really is a personal decision, but on a full week or ten day cruise, I think I might start to appreciate the space in the stateroom and the bath instead of the tiny shower.

It sounds like you know your options!!!

You know, better than anyone else here, which stateroom would be right for you! ;)

edited to add: I see your post just come in about the tanning.... Remember, if you want to tan ON your balcony, then perhaps, the half-covered Caribe balcony might outweigh the cabin space!!! (definitely very limited tanning on a small fully-covered balcony....) Really is up to your priorities and personal preference!

Wishing on a Star... your right. I need to grab one of the mini suites on the emerald deck while I can. It's only $300 more for the 7 day cruise.

Ok, now what about port or starboard? With booking on the emerald deck, isn't the club right below you? Is noise an issue?

I like Caribe balconies. They are 1/2 open and 1/2 covered plus a little bigger than many. BUT the shower is TINY and there is no sofa.

I had E729 0n Sapphire and like the room very much. If you are on port you MAY hear the lounge below your room. The cabin is larger and has a tub too.

Can't help on the sun issue.

We couldn't get an Emerald mini this time on our 15 day to Hawaii so we picked a Caribe balcony. The balcony was nice and the room was OK but toward the end I was wishing for a sofa to sit on and that big tub and shower. If in the future we can't get an Emerald mini or if the price is just way too high we would do a Caribe balcony but our preference is the mini. If you don't spend a lot of time in your room then the Caribe room would be fine. We just love the privacy of our room and balcony.

Hey, me again....

When I noticed your post about how you would like to sunbathe and tan on your balcony, I sent another quick reply - but maybe I looked at my screen cross-eyed and my post got lost in cyber-space!!!

Anyhow, just be aware that there might be very very limited sunning on a completely covered (Emerald Deck) balcony. So, you might end up going out on deck for sunbathing.

So, it really does come down to choosing by your personal priorities...

It is like a coin toss between more space in an Emerald Mini - or more sunning and larger balcony on a Caribe balcony.

Either way - here's hoping you enjoy your cruise!!!

Ohhh, I am assuming that on a Mexican Riviera Cruise, you will be heading Southbound as you depart - and then Northbound on your way back. So, you will probably have about equal time of sun on both sides of the ship.

Heading out, Port will get morning sun and Starboard will get afternoon sun... Then, heading back, just the opposite... Starboard will get the morning sun from the East, and and Port will get the afternoon sun from the West

Archived