New cruiser to Carnival, will be on the Glory December 26,2010

Twinkle941980

Hi, y'all can read through my info and see who I am. This will be my first cruise ever and I'm not clueless cause I have done alot of research but being I have never cruised, this is a new experience. I will be in room 7440 and I am just trying to gain insight into what I am getting into:p. I have dreamed of a cruise since I was about 5 years old and since then this is all I can talk about. Hopefully, more will follow, being the Army allows me to get time off lol. Any info or pics are truly appreciated, thanks!

Hi and welcome. I was so excited about my first cruise, I couldnt stand it. I hope you arent as bad as I was. I couldnt think of anything else, but luckily we booked pretty last minute so only had a few weeks to wait.

Iv been on Conquest 4 times now (I think), which is a sister to Glory so if you think of any questions be sure and let us know.

Dont forget to check out your roll call. Talking to others will get you even more excited, if thats possible. It will be under the roll call section, look for Carnival, then your ship and then your date.

thanks for serving our country

Hi, y'all can read through my info and see who I am. This will be my first cruise ever and I'm not clueless cause I have done alot of research but being I have never cruised, this is a new experience. I will be in room 7440 and I am just trying to gain insight into what I am getting into:p. I have dreamed of a cruise since I was about 5 years old and since then this is all I can talk about. Hopefully, more will follow, being the Army allows me to get time off lol. Any info or pics are truly appreciated, thanks!

Hi Ya Twinkle. First and foremost, thanks for your service to our country. You are appreciated. Our first cruise was in your beautiful home state, Hawaii. We had a fantastic time on our first cruise and I know you will on yours. The Glory was our first Carnival cruise and to this date, it is my wife's favorite ship. In fact, we drove over to Port Canaveral last Saturday to watch the sail away party as she left port.:) You have a fantastic cabin. It is an aft wraparound balcony. WOO HOO, how sweet. Have a great time.:D

Wow, it's funny to have people be so friendly, Im originally from Georgia so I miss that. Yes, I am tryin to squelch the exitement til about a month out but that's 13 months from now lol. I love serving this country and Im appreciative of it everyday.:D

Wow, it's funny to have people be so friendly, Im originally from Georgia so I miss that. Yes, I am tryin to squelch the exitement til about a month out but that's 13 months from now lol. I love serving this country and Im appreciative of it everyday.:D

Where are you stationed? Schofield Barracks?

First let humbly thank you for serving our country! :) I also love Hawaii, been there twice , once on a cruise and once on land. I would love to go again.

Now about the Glory, you are going to love her and in my opinion you are starting out with the best there is for a cabin! ;)

There are pics of our trip on her in my sig.

Happy cruising!

Luv's Crusin'

No, I work at Tripler AMC, the big pink hospital on the hill. To be quite honest, I can't stand it here in Hawaii, can't wait to get back to the mainland. This is a beautiful place to visit but a horrible place to live. I am grateful for nice weather but I miss all four seasons.:(

Hi Twinkle!

Welcome to the boards!

We also have a whole year to wait until our next cruise, so I feel your pain.

When we planned our first cruise, the first thing I did was read all of the reviews for the ship we were going to be on. I learned that there are some people that are not happy with anything and complain about the silliest things, and there are people who are "cheerleaders" that defend their cruiseline to the death. Take both extremes with a grain of salt!

On another note, we are headed to Hawaii in Jauary and can't wait to see the islands. Sorry you don't like to live there! We are from a small town too, so maybe it's the big city you don't like?

Do you have any suggestions for first-timers to Hawaii? I'd appreciate any tips from you.

Thanks!

Hope you hang around and get to know us better. Enjoy your research here at CC!

you guys are so fun on these message boards, I love reading all these enthusiastic posts on Cruising. DH and I are celebrating our 20 yr anniversary w/ our 3 kids on the Glory in february, can't wait. It's our 2nd, kids first cruise. It's supposed to snow here in Boston tomorrow, makes those beautiful pictures great to look at, thanks for posting them all!

• 3 weeks later...

As a suggestion for Hawaii in general, do bring a VERRYYY laid back attitude because out here it is definitely "aloha time" as they call it. You WILL wait for everything from food to your car from valet lol. Don't get frustrated should you choose to get a rental car to drive around in because I know for a fact, at least here in Oahu the traffic is HORRIBLE, sardines in a can. I will say that when I am not in uniform I wear capris and flip flops about 99.9% of the time but DO bring at least one light jacket,sweater, or long sleeve shirt of some sort as it can get cool, especially when touring the big island or taking a stroll on the beach.Umm, can't really think of anything else at this moment:confused: If you have anymore questions just ask, I'm sure I can come up with a logical answer for any you have.

• 6 months later...

Archived