snorkling in Cabo in May

bgcruiser

Will the water temperatures be chilly? I read about the Alaska current doesn't start to receed until July and water temps. along the coastlines and sea of Cortez are in the 60's?

Is this true? Any first hand experience?

Also anyone snorkle in Cabo? How are the water conditions and best places.

Thanks for any info. This will be our first Mexican Riviera cruise and I'm just starting the planning.

Will the water temperatures be chilly? I read about the Alaska current doesn't start to receed until July and water temps. along the coastlines and sea of Cortez are in the 60's?

Is this true? Any first hand experience?

Also anyone snorkle in Cabo? How are the water conditions and best places.

Thanks for any info. This will be our first Mexican Riviera cruise and I'm just starting the planning.

The water is the coldest of the year in Cabo from March until June when it gradually starts to warm up. October is the warmest month. The water temps could be anywhere from the 60's-70's, much too cold for many (including me) to swim in much less snorkle without a wetsuit. Some are more tolerant to the cold temps as I have seen people in the water during April and May.

The 2 bests snorkle spots, Santa Maria and Chilano Bays are about 20 miles from Cabo. It is best to book a snorkle tour on a boat to get there as the transportation options to the bays are limited to renting a car or taking a local bus or a taxi.

Oh Brrrrrr.......We were there two years ago in March and the water was pretty chilly. I did go in, although not intentionally. Went off the side of a zodiac when my dangling foot hit a wave. No anticipatory concern- just in. I was rather happy to be able to get out fairly quickly. I don't think I would have been happy snorkeling although there were some hardy souls who did. I am happier in 85 degree water thanks.

Oh Brrrrrr.......We were there two years ago in March and the water was pretty chilly. I did go in, although not intentionally. Went off the side of a zodiac when my dangling foot hit a wave. No anticipatory concern- just in. I was rather happy to be able to get out fairly quickly. I don't think I would have been happy snorkeling although there were some hardy souls who did. I am happier in 85 degree water thanks.

Thats what I was concerned about. Thanks for the quick replys. Now I have to plan something else. Any suggestions?

• 3 months later...

Archived