Ice Cream "Scoops" on Princess Caribbean

mnfun2bme

Does anyone know if the ice cream bar offers more than just soft serve on the Princess Caribbean? We were on the Coral Princess last year and they had a wonderful ice cream bar where you were able to choose toppings, etc. Although they cost money for shakes and sundaes, it was minimal.

Does anyone know if the Caribbean Princess is similar or if it's just a soft serve ice cream?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the ice cream bar offers more than just soft serve on the Princess Caribbean? We were on the Coral Princess last year and they had a wonderful ice cream bar where you were able to choose toppings, etc. Although they cost money for shakes and sundaes, it was minimal.

Does anyone know if the Caribbean Princess is similar or if it's just a soft serve ice cream?

Thanks!

They did offer a small serving of reg ice cream earlier this month at no cost. However it is not the same as it was last year. No shakes. They did have a topping or two.

Thanks!

I believe all Princess ships serve just soft serve at Scoops. Passengers complained about paying for specialty ice cream near the pool so it was changed; it's what passengers wanted. :(

I believe all Princess ships serve just soft serve at Scoops. Passengers complained about paying for specialty ice cream near the pool so it was changed; it's what passengers wanted. :(

No, I was surprised to see reg ice cream earlier this month.

Hopefully word of the terrible ice milk made its way to Santa Clarita.

I dunno. They have that terrible "ice milk" on HAL -- it's truly awful. I don't understand why people rave about the soft serve on HAL.

I dunno. They have that terrible "ice milk" on HAL -- it's truly awful. I don't understand why people rave about the soft serve on HAL.

That's odd. On our Alaskan cruise last summer aboard HAL's Oosterdam they offered regular hard ice cream cones with a variety of flavors. It was a treat I looked forward to each day.

If the soft-serve machine is broken, they will serve regular ship-made ice cream until it is fixed.

But nobody on the passenger side wanted the elimination of the "free" real ice cream with toppings hour in the buffet area each afternoon.

Archived