Pre-cruise Hotel

Miss Amber

If you do a search of this thread, you will find several options/opinions and reviews. I just don't know how recent some of them are.

Mostly, people are suggesting the HIlton, but we are staying at the Outrigger Waikiki. It all depends on what you are looking for, price/location/amenities.

Welcome to the boards!

We used Priceline.com for our post-cruise hotel. As many others have done, we got the Marriott Waikiki Beach for a bid of $90 per night. King room with microwave & fridge. Upgraded us to a glorious view of Waikiki beach!! :D It worked fine for us, and helped the budget some!

Stayed at Embassy Suites Waikiki pre-cruse on Hhonors points. Nice place but $$$!

NOTE: Parking is extra at most hotels, in our case $28/night.

I think it all about your budget - We stayed at 2 different places while visiting a third. Fist was Aqua Waikiki Pearl very cheap and adequate and not far from everything with all apartment inclusions - right behind International Market place.

Second was Waikiki Resort Hotel no kitchen but everything else you need and one block away from the beach. I didn't mind this place as it was so close to the beach and had a pool nothing spectacular about this place though.

If you want to spend some money I too would chose Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikkiki. We had to go there for the Atlantis Submarine tour and I wanted to stay there. Will definiety chose Hilton Hawaiian Village for my next trip.

Yes, it's all about your budget.

• Hilton is a great hotel but pricey. Right in front of the beach, pools are great but a nice walk to the heart of Waikiki-15 min walk.
  • Double Tree-Cheaper but off the beat and path-25 min walk to Waikiki
  • Ala Moana Hotel- Far from Waikiki but right in front of the largest Mall in Oahu and across the street from the beach/park
  • Outrigger hotel(s)- Cheap with no frills.

Just a few hotels in the area. If you have a military ID you can get Kamaina(local) rates which are substantially lower.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, it's all about your budget.

• Hilton is a great hotel but pricey. Right in front of the beach, pools are great but a nice walk to the heart of Waikiki-15 min walk.
  • Double Tree-Cheaper but off the beat and path-25 min walk to Waikiki
  • Ala Moana Hotel- Far from Waikiki but right in front of the largest Mall in Oahu and across the street from the beach/park
  • Outrigger hotel(s)- Cheap with no frills.

Just a few hotels in the area. If you have a military ID you can get Kamaina(local) rates which are substantially lower.

I love the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. Perfect location on the beach in the heart of Waikiki. You can walk to the International Marketplace, restaurants, and the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center. We have stayed there several times and always been very happy. We have stayed at several other hotels in Waikiki which were all nice, but I always prefer the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. Duke's in the hotel is perfect with a reasonably priced (for Waikiki that is) breakfast buffet, it is an open air restaurant facing the beach. There is also a good sandwich shop in the hotel.

I am not sure I would classify the Outrigger as cheap with no frills, they are not as fancy as some of the other hotels in the area but it is very nice. We eat at the Outrigger Reef (Shorebird) each trip and that seems nice as well but I prefer the location of the Outrigger on the Beach.

Jen in SoCal

Archived